• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help project breaks when copied from network location

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2008 Aug 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hard drive was failing. I copied my help project to a network drive. I can access and modify the help project on the network. But when I copy the project back to my hard drive, the help topic has a red X on the icon in the Project Manager and on the icon in the Topic List. I can't access the topic for editing. I can't build the help system (generate primary layout).

What's going on?

Thanks,
Stan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple. Don't use RH over a network. The Access database that supports and tracks all the file locations and movements and additions and blah blah blah just gets scrambled.

Sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I should have been more explicit with my description and question.

I haven't been working with this help project over a network. I saved the project to a network location while a hard drive was being replaced. Now I copy the project back to my new hard drive (with a newly installed RoboHelp) and I get the red X over the help topic icon.

Even though I'm not working on the project over the network, I could if I wanted to (it's not broken on the network). But I can't work on the project that I copy from the network to my hard drive.

How can I retrieve the project from the network so that I can work on it from my hard drive?

Thanks,
Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Try zip, move, unzip.

If that fails, see Opening Projects on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp