• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Code hinting cannot be turned off

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my code window, DreamWeaver insists I need code hints, for all of PHP, MySQL, and HTML (in .php script pages). This makes it almost impossible to code, as all I am doing is continually clicking "elsewhere" to make the code hint thingy go away, so I can type what I already know I want to type. (Believe it or not, I can actually spell mysqli_fetch_array all on my own. And, golly, I know what its arguments are, too!)

This forum says, and the tutorials say, I can turn off code hinting in Preferences -> Code Hints. But I have "Enable code hints" unchecked, doggone it. And still the code hinter is convinced I need its help. ("Some kinds of help are the kinds of help, we all can do WITHOUT!" -Marlo Thomas)

How do I *really* make the madness stop? Exclusively use a third-party editor?

Mac on OS 10.12.6 and also on 10.13. Dreamweaver 2017.5 Release, 9878 Build.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Hi Brian,

We regret the inconvenience caused but we are aware of issue where PHP code hints are not getting disabled.

This issue is fixed locally and will be part of upcoming release. As of now build is in beta state and available for download at below link

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-4001-FC50-A58A26BE87BE

-Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

We regret the inconvenience caused but we are aware of issue where PHP code hints are not getting disabled.

This issue is fixed locally and will be part of upcoming release. As of now build is in beta state and available for download at below link

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

-Lalita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Thank you Thank you. It was (is) driving me crazy.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I am downloading it now with high hopes.

It's good to know it's not just me trying to do things the wrong way ...

[Subsequent testing] It works!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita

Downloaded the beta version and the code hints have disappeared. Hallelujah.

Thanks

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lalita

I downloaded the Beta and some of the annoying tool tips have disappeared like the Click to See Table Structure that would appear whenever I moved my cursor,  but I noticed not all have disappeared. See screenshot. Thankfully it only appears when my cursor passes over a column edge.

Alan

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 7.56.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Brian,

Beta build is now live as CC 2018 and issue of code hinting turn off has been addressed.

Build is available in Thor, more details available below link

October 2017 release to Dreamweaver CC is here

Hi English100,

Please try with DW CC 2018 and see if you still face same problem. If yes, please elaborate more on your scenario.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inayal

Okay will do.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version via Creative Cloud and although the tool tip that I mentioned earlier (Shift-drag to resize column width) has gone, the dreaded Press command key to see table structure is back. It had thankfully disappeared in the Beta version. What's going on? The new version was supposed to have fixed that annoyance?
Alan

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 10.20.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In fact all the tooltips seem to be active as whenever I hover over anything in the top menu bar, a tip pops up. I tried turning tool tips on and then off but no difference.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For an overview see Code hinting and code completion

For an answer specific to your query, see Re: Dreamweaver cc 2017 - disable code auto

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines