Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

absolute minimum folders to give developers to make webhelp work in application

Aug 07, 2008 Aug 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are starting to do daily builds for our application and since we have a fair amount of help topics developed for our application, they want to "hook" the help into the application so that in can be reviewed by our QA staff. To do this, the build developer has to check the files into Team Foundation Server. He said he is having problems doing this because:

1. Some of the folders contain names with invalid characters. They are in “\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation” folder named “$*”. $ is a reserved character in TFS and thus can’t be checked into TFS.

2. Some of the file names are too long and make the total qualified path exceed the maximum allowed characters. We will need to rename them or come up with different folder structure. It would be nice if we can keep the fully qualified path length to a maximum of 128 characters.

My question is: What are the minimum folders that I can give to the build developer so that the online help will work? Do I need to give him every folder in our help file or can I just give the WebHelp folder that has all of the compiled help?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Bill

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Build Developer is only wanting online help, I don't understand why you are delivering the Printed Documentation folder.

What is needed is the folder(s) under SSL that contain webhelp outputs. BTW. Webhelp is generated, not compiled.

Is that clear enough? Post back if not.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under the SSL folder we have two subfolders:

Printed Documentation
WebHelp

OK, the printed documentation folder was one I created when experimenting with the print document feature. The only folder left is the WebHelp folder.
Is this what the Build Develop needs. Also, I have an images folder which stores all of the images. Would he need that folder also?

Thanks.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes the webhelp folder is what the build developer needs.

(S)he needs everything in that folder and its subfolders. Nothing more, nothing less.

If asked if all those files and folders are needed, the answer is "only if you want the help to work".

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp