1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2017 2:16 AM by andersborglund

Support for XCode 9?

rionaldc3645144

I'm building a mobile app using PhoneGap Build for my Mendix app. As per the issue I'm having from the link below:

https://github.com/transistorsoft/cordova-background-geolocation-lt/issues/490

The module maintainer requires me to use XCode to build the app. I do not have any answer to the suggestion from the maintainer. I should also mention that from my typical phonegap build process, I never used XCode, since from Mendix side and Adobe Phonegap side, everything is done automatically for me. Does anyone have any solution for this issue I'm having?

• 1. Re: Support for XCode 9?
          andersborglund Level 2

Well, he hints that it might work if PGB was built with XCode 9. I have no idea whether it is.

I also get errors when building an app that has this plugin with PGB for either cli-6.5.0 or cli-7.0.1, but the re-occurring error for me is missing IOSurface. I can't see that in your log. IOSurface was introduced with iOS 11, so my guess is that it was added to this plugin then.

I currently also rely on PGB to do the job.

Can you confirm the error you get? Do you get the same error if you build with only this plugin?

I noticed you don't use a license key for cordova-background-geolocation-lt. Do you build for only iOS?

I use github.com/transistorsoft/cordova-background-geolocation.git with a license key.