Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop cc actions not working

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm pretty new to photoshop. I've recently bought and downloaded Kelly Browns newborn actions. They are great but sometimes they work fine and today the have just stopped working. I'm not sure what I've done , but when I click on an action and try to apply it it just doesn't do the action. I haven't changed my settings, I'm usually in button mode and change if I need to play an action. Can anyone help please? TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actions are nothing more than recorded Photoshop Steps a sequence of using Photoshop tools.  Photoshop tools often depend on things like the be a selection to copy  something, a targets to be transform.  If a tool that depend on something is recorded into an action when that action is played if what the step depends on is not present when the step is played the action will fail with an error message like the command is not available or may not be supported in this version of   Photoshop.    So if you play a action on a document that does not  meet so requirement the action depend on the action will fail.  For example if an Action select the background layer and the current document does not have a background layer the action will fail.   It is very easy to find out why an action fails. All to need do is expand the action so you can see the Photoshop steps in the action. Highlight the First step. Press and hold the Ctrl or Mac CMD key. Keep that key pressed and Click on the Play button every time you Click play the step highlighted will play and you will see what it does. and the next sep will be highlighted.  You can single step the through the action see each step and why a step fails.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response, it doesn't seem to be helping. some of my actions work and some just aren't responding when I apply them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

single step them.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seven years later and this "step method," helped me with an action I hadn't used in years and wasn't working in PhotoShop 2023. I stepped through it and found one step using a pencil instead of a brush. I fixed it manually, even though I would never have known how to execute the entire action on my own. Stitching action. It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just restarted my photoshop and make new action below default actions. it's worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Did you ever figure out how to fix the issue? I am having the same problem with Kelly Brown's actions for days. Been trying everything. Did this to me before, but I don't remember what I did that fixed it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious also as I am having issues as well. Let me know if you figure it out.

Tammy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are still have trouble, try this so we can help you:

• Close the document where the action failed without saving it. This will clear the History.
  • Open the document again and play the action. It should fail again.

Send us these screen shots. Resize the panels wide enough that we can read them and tall enough that they include everything (or take more than one). We need to see:

• The History panel
  • The Layers panel
  • The Action panel — click the arrow to expand the action so we can see all of the steps in the action

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have took screenshots of the reqested info. Do I email customer support, or post them here? Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020 Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just fixed it. I realized I was making a copy of the background to work with first and this was preventing certain actions from working. I initiated an action on the background layer itself and it worked properly. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines