1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2017 10:51 AM by Tariq Dar

Acrobat XI, Issues

keithd44566524

Hello,

This is my first time posting to the forum as I have generally not had issues with our software until lately.  I hope you can help.  We have a couple issues on brand new computer, Windows 10 Pro, Core i7, 16GB RAM, and 512GB SSD disks.  Yes, very fast computers.  Acrobat has all the latest updates installed.

Issue 1: When users try to customize the toolbar, all their changes are lost when they close Acrobat.  As a result, they have to dig to find the tools they want and that is painful.  This has never been an issue in past versions of Acrobat.

Issue 2: Acrobat is very slow to open and close PDFs, and even slower to scroll through the pages.  We don't have this issue on Windows 7 computers in our environment so I am not sure there is something that needs to be done to the Windows OS or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Acrobat XI, Issues
          Tariq Dar Adobe Employee

Hi keithd,

Sorry for the delay in response. I hope you've found a solution this problem already.

If not, can you let us know if the machine is being Manager by your Office IT or these are personal machines? Is there a possibility the user/temp locations are cleaned once systems are restarted?

About performance issue, have you tried to check for pending updates or filtering out any conflicting third-party plugins?

Will be waiting for your response. Or update this thread with the resolution you may already have found for this issue.

-Tariq Dar

1 person found this helpful