• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Individual subscription not allowed to be used for commercial purposes?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe changed it's licensing from the answer in this July 2017 post Creative Cloud Individual licenses for a business?  to forbid the use of a Creative Cloud Individual Subscription for commercial purposes? Or not allow more than one Individual Plan user per business?

If the licensing has not changed, why is Adobe not correcting the misleading and unethical practices being employed by their "Global Business Direct" unit (note this is the same unit another user cites in the linked July 2017 post above)?

I received the below email and subsequent phone calls today from the individual claiming I was REQUIRED to upgrade from my Individual Plan to a Business Plan or I "would be hearing from another unity in Adobe" to follow-up. When I asked what the consequences would be if I refused, he said he couldn't answer because "he wasn't with Adobe Legal." The undertone was clearly understood to be "Agree to the change or else." When I pressed the employee to what the "or else" would be, he made it very clear he could not say as that was not his department. Since I was refusing the upgrade, he was going to "close his involvement" and "would no longer own my case."

Hi Bill,

Trust you doing fine! We wanted to touch base on the licenses  deployed in the company.

We noticed couple things , which are causing disparity while tracking the licenses.

Please email , whenever we can connect to discuss and ensure there is  no downtime in the workflow of the business.

1. Regards.

Lokesh Bose

Territory Account Manager

Global Business Direct

Adobe Systems Incorporated

Direct            : 408.961.8929

Board No     : 866.646.1776 Extn:- 37894

E-Mail           : bose@adobe.com

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Yes, Global Business Direct (GBD) pops up here from time to time and the same observation (complaint) is made about their misleading and confusing messages and unethical business practices every time.

I think I've seen the exact same, imperfectly worded, email you have posted here reproduced in these forums previously by others - word for word.

GBD have been reported to Adobe (in the sense of: are they legit?) and we have asked Adobe staffers higher up the food chain to explain what is going on. N

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an individual plan can be used for commerical purposes but only one person (per licensee) can use the software.  i don't know if that's an issue in your case but i something about "..licenses deployed in the company".

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Global Business Direct (GBD) pops up here from time to time and the same observation (complaint) is made about their misleading and confusing messages and unethical business practices every time.

I think I've seen the exact same, imperfectly worded, email you have posted here reproduced in these forums previously by others - word for word.

GBD have been reported to Adobe (in the sense of: are they legit?) and we have asked Adobe staffers higher up the food chain to explain what is going on. No-one seems to know. I've just reported this thread to Adobe again.

There is no change in the licensing. Individual licensing is fine to use for commercial purposes. The only downside is that the subscription is tied to an individual Adobe ID. When the person moves on, often the easiest thing to do is cancel their subscription (with possible cancellation fees) and start a new one with a new Adobe ID which can be very inconvenient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I filed a customer service complaint with Adobe the day this occurred (Oct 9). I was told I would receive a response from a management representative within 3-5 days. I received an initial response on Oct 21 -- 12 days later -- saying they were unable to reach me by phone because they didn't have my extension. I gave them my cell... and I'm still waiting.

The lack of concern seems to suggest Adobe condones these unethical and possibly fraudulent business practices.

Thanks again for the quick reply and clear answer. Too bad we can't get the same from Adobe.

#complaint​ complaintnotgoingaway​ unethical​ licensing​  individual plan​ business plan​ adobe fail​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of concern seems to suggest Adobe condones these unethical and possibly fraudulent business practices.

Agreed. I've stopped reporting it. I've got plenty of other things to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes we have just experienced it, and we fell for it with bad consequences for some of our Adobe Business Catalyst websites.

PLEASE NOTE: if your CC subscription is moved to CC Team subscription you will LOSE your Adobe Direct Subscription websites

We were called by Adobe three weeks ago and told that we had to move off our 3 individual CC subscriptions to a team subscription. This costs us around $300 per month rather than $63 each per month, nearly twice the cost.

We were told we had no choice in this. When we moved over, we had to cancel our individual subscriptions.

Then all of our Adobe Direct Subscription websites attached to those individual subscriptions stopped working.

Adobe BC partners who joined CC early (we joined in the CS6 days) were given 5 Adobe BC free websites for each CC subscription. Those free websites are joined to the individual CC subscription. When that subscription is cancelled then the Adobe Direct Subscription websites CANNOT BE RECOVERED.

The Adobe CC person who called was very aggressive and said we were lucky not to be back charged for the CC Team subscription. I think this is not true, as I don't remember ever hearing about it before.

This is not the right way to treat loyal Adobe customers. We have been Adobe BC partners since before Adobe bought it. We paid for Adobe products for many years and then went over to CS6 when they wanted us to.

We earn money for Adobe every single month with our Adobe Business Catalyst websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines