• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Are there any Adobe solutions for AP invoice extraction for choice zones after OCR?

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company is looking for a solution to go paperless and automate the AP invoice process.  To do this, we need a solution which takes the basic OCR capabilities in Acrobat a little further by being able to extract certain data records from OCR'd docs (based on templating and / or invoice mapping?) and compile those in a spreadsheet or database, along with a copy of the invoice.  As these are invoices for multiple vendors, there are multiple structures used on the docs (but they all are consistent for each vendor).  I know there are many companies out there that have software to do this, but it would be great (and probably a lot more cost-effective) to be able to use an adobe program such as Acrobat (or ???) to be able to do this.  it seems like it would be logical for Adobe to have a solution for this, since they are oh so close already with just what Ive been able to find in Acrobat OCR and forms handling and reporting.  Am I missing something here, or is this just an area Adobe has yet to explore?

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

As of now, there is no such support in Acrobat OCR. I will raise a feature request for you. We will update you once it is prioritized and implemented.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of now, there is no such support in Acrobat OCR. I will raise a feature request for you. We will update you once it is prioritized and implemented.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not sure if my question is the same as the above. But I would like to be able to identify fields in a scanned document and adobe identifies the same location on a similar pages and then extracts the information to a csv file. Similar to PDF Elements data extraction tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines