• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 2018 Trial version will not start

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed Premiere Elements 2018 Trial version without any errors.  When I try to start Premiere, I get the "Sign In Required" window. When I enter my Adobe ID and password and the hit the Sign In button, the window goes to another window titled "Adobe Premiere Elements 2018". That window says "Please wait for a moment..." and there is a spinning indicator showing that it must be doing something to try to authenticate my user ID. At that point it will continue to spin forever. I have left it spinning for hours and nothing happens. No errors, no indication that the ID is bad. I've tried this from the the Organizer (which works OK) and directly from the startup windows that gives you the choice of starting the Photo Editor, the Organizer, or the Video Editor and I get the same result.

I also have Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2017, Adobe Photoshop CC 2017,and Lightroom CC on the same computer.  Those all work fine. I use to run Premiere Elements 11 on this same machine a few years back, but uninstalled it when I moved up to Premiere Pro CC.

I'm on Windows 10. Intel Core i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz. 8 GB ram. I have plenty of disc space.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I won't begin to pretend I know what is happening.  But, I will guess a little. 

Since you have the CC apps, I presume you are running the "Adobe Creative Cloud" manager.  What happens if you sign out of your account there and then launch Premiere Elements 2018?  My theory is that some where in the Adobe software universe there is an anomaly about being signed in twice. 

I've installed Premiere Elements versions about 4 times since version 9.  Each time there has been a process where it has to connect to the mothership to verify the serial number and download some tools that not everyone wants or uses.  

This is a user group.  Actual support from Adobe staff is limited for Premiere Elements.  But, my understanding is that there is a "chat" support system of installation issues.  If the sign in - sign out process doesn't work, try this link:  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/support.html

Remember, I'm guessing!

Good luck! 

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bill and Ann, I've signed out of CC and then uninstalled and reinstalled elements 2018, but still it doesn't work. I suspect it does have something to do with the fact that I have CC installed on this PC. I created a new post on the Install/Setup forum, so maybe someone from Adobe will help me out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No CC products have no effect on Elements.

Did you use cleanertool?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I used the cleaner tool to uninstall and Them resinstalled. I even uninstalled the Creative Cloud Desktop application.  Nothing seemed to work.  I obviously have something weird going on with my computer which I dont have any more time to try to figure out, so I just went ahead and purchased a license. That installed without a problem and runs fine.  Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Might had a faulty download, who knows. Youve got it sorted now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall 2018

Might want to run CC cleaner for Elements and reinstall.

reboot machine between every step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines