7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2017 9:23 AM by cathy wp22010330

Field calculations

cathy wp22010330

I have a form that asks questions with different possible answers to click on. Now when the answer is checked i need to have that field to equal a certain number. Then these totals would be added up for a complete total.

For example: 1 question is:

What is your age?

____ (1) 56 and over

____ (2) 46-55

____ (3) 36-45

____ (4) 20-35

So if you chose 56 and over then that would equal 1 but if you chose 46-55 then it would equal 2. This field needs to be a text field i believe or a button but then the totals can calculate to a Sub Total from all questions.

Help

• 1. Re: Field calculations
          try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You should use check-boxes or radio-buttons for this. That way you could set their export values to the desired numbers and use them directly in a calculation, and you would also prevent someone from selecting two fields at the same time.

• 2. Re: Field calculations
            cathy wp22010330 Level 1

Thank you for responding.

Ok i know how to do that but how do i get those check boxes or radio buttons to equal a number. For example if i put a check box/radio button for age 56 and over how does the form know that when that box is chosen to calculate (1). See what i'm saying.

• 3. Re: Field calculations
              cathy wp22010330 Level 1

Thank you for responding.

Ok i know how to do that but how do i get those check boxes or radio buttons to equal a number. For example if i put a check box/radio button for age 56 and over how does the form know that when that box is chosen to calculate (1). See what i'm saying.

• 4. Re: Field calculations
                try67 MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Go to the field's Properties, Options tab, and set the value as the Export value, like this:

It has a slightly different name for a radio-button field, something like Radio Button Choice, but it's pretty much the same thing.

• 5. Re: Field calculations
                  cathy wp22010330 Level 1

hmm..ok i will give it a try. I'll let ya know thank you.

• 6. Re: Field calculations
                    cathy wp22010330 Level 1

oh my goodness...thank you so much. It worked!!! Your the best:)

• 7. Re: Field calculations
                      cathy wp22010330 Level 1

Ok hoping you can help 1 more time. Now i have a field that i need total of another calculated field x 2.

Sub-Total         Factor               Total

Time Horizon      ____30_____        x 1        _______30_____              (example)

Financial Goals  ____30_____        x 2        ______  60_____               (example)

Risk Tolerance   _________        x 3             ____________

So i have totals that were calculated for the sub-totals and now need to get the Total to calculate.

Hope you can help so i can finish this form:)