Could you please post screenshots of
- The name of the original asset on your hard drive,
- the „Assets“ panel in Muse showing the asset, and
- the “assets“ folder of the HTML output, after using the „File/Export as HTML …“ command?
You misunderstood. It does not change the name of the asset. It changes the name is it looking for? The asset is named asset.zip (as an example. When they click on the button it says the page is looking for asset2.zip. I did not change any of that.
So I can post those but the screenshots that you requested but they are all correct.
Can you export the file as HTML and see if there is anything in the code for the button that references the Word2 file?
I didn‘t misunderstand at all! Please give us the screenshots.
to download a particular Microsoft Word Document to the computer
if you download a word document with any webbrowser then it will change the name of the file to advoid 2 copies having the same name i.e,
first download = mydoc
second download = mydoc2
third download = mydoc3 etc... I assume this is your issue but without clear questions (and yes screenshots) then we can't help you
That is not the situation here. I know about downloading multiple files. This is a case of a very simple button that is supposed to download a file called "myfile.zip" and when the website is uploaded via F T P it is changing the link it is looking for to "myfile2.zip"
This is happening on zip files, pdf files, Word files, you name it. And at random.
Yes, you did misunderstand. The file names are not changing at all. The files are still there and named exactly as they were originally. The file the simple button was calling for changed.
I use Muse so I never have to look at code. I would have no clue where to look.
Please believe, that I didn’t misunderstand. What you tell is simply impossible. If Muse adds a „2“, this has to be visible in HTML output. Therefore I wanted to verify this by having a look at the file name, the entry in the „assets“ panel snd the output file.
If you don‘t give us the proof, I am afraid, nobody will be able to help.
If there is an additional character, when the output files are correct, Muse simply can‘t be the culprit, and it is worth to follow Ussnorway‚s argumentation.