Did you try to upload to SCORM Cloud for testing? That is the best way to detect if it is due to the LMS or to the Captivate settings.
Please mention the version you are using (full version number) as well.
ver 10.0.0.192 2017 release
It isn't the LMS. I can step through the entire thing as it is running and cmi.core.lesson_status is NEVER reported. I can also look in the data table that stores all the scorm interactions and data and that is never stored. it is never even attempted to be stored.
It is for all other courses we have used and tested.
Did you test in SCORM Cloud please?
May I know which LMS you are using.
What you are describing is that the API is not found and never initialized. The way an LMS is initialized is to set the value of cmi.core.lesson_status to "incomplete" and then read the value. If it returns incomplete then communication both ways is successful.
If it does find the API, I've never seen the initialize NOT happen. So I think that it is not finding the API.
Depending on the LMS and how the SCO is launched, this could be an issue. We use Blackboard currently and they released an update that broke a bunch of courses that launch in a separate window. If we used the setting to wrap the window with API it broke.
alert(window.SCORM_objAPI); It should return "API" or not an empty string.
TCL thank you for reminding me about launch data during the init phase.
It was loaded...kind of...as I was using the course in our LMS for testing something else before I changed the content over to the Captivate course. After clearing out all my student record information for the course and re-registering and what not it worked fine.