Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud App Assets tab stuck updating creative cloud

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have recently updated my creative cloud application to version 4.3.0.256 - upon signing in the assets tab has a red indicator and upon selecting the assets tab you are presented with a message that an update is available for creative cloud. Upon doing this is just sits there updating and not ever finishing..

If i uninstall my creative apps and re-install to an earlier version its works fine, is this a known issue ?

cc1.jpegcc2.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Hi again.

Step 1: End all adobe processes from task manager

Step 2: Enable apps panel - Apps tab missing from the Creative Cloud desktop app

Step 3: Relaunch CCDA and the issue should be sorted.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lutros,

As you have mentioned you are getting a never-ending spinning wheel on the 'Assets Tab' of the Creative Cloud desktop app I would recommend you to uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app and then run the CC Cleaner tool as well to make sure everything related to Creative Cloud desktop app is removed:Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems , After this please use the following direct download link to download and install the app:Download Creative Cloud desktop app.

Let us know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bana,

Thanks for the help with this, unfortunately that does not help. I cleaned everything off using both tools and then installed Muse 2017.1 , which installed a lower version of the application 4.20.218 , when i sign in it produces the same results. So versions 4.20.218 and 4.3.0.256 are causing problems.

If remove any Adobe CC applications and install Photoshop 2017.1  it installs an even lower version of the creative cloud application (4.0.1.188) and that actually works without any issues. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Lutros, to resolve the error related to Creative Cloud desktop app please perform a manual cleanup and remove everything related to it from your machine using the steps given in the following thread: illustrator reinstalling free trial 1 day old!

For the version related issue, i would recommend you to check and see if all the systems requirements are met for the latest version, see: Adobe Creative Cloud system requirements

If even after performing the manual cleanup it doesn't work then I would request you to check the log files for any specific errors that could be causing this. See,

How to review Installation Log files?

Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files

Installation error codes, exit codes, and error messages | Creative Cloud, Photoshop Elements, Premi...

Awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bana,

Just to clarify i am using Mac OS 10.12 (system requirements are all fine) . If i remove all creative cloud applications and just install Photoshop it uses a earlier version of the creative cloud application (4.0.1.188) and that works fine so there is no problems with wanting updating in the Assets tab.

If i install Muse, this process upgrades my CCDA to a later version (4.2.0.218) There is no actual install errors or logs that point to a problem, the application itself is fine other that the assets tab wanting you to upgrade and then it just sits there updating.

So it seems that the process of installing Muse upgrades the CCDA application to a higher version and then the problem occurs. Also, i have used this scenario on another machine just to rule out my machine and its the same.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lutros, I would request you to give me sometime to do some more research on the issue as this is not a normal behavior of Creative cloud desktop app, will get back to you once i have a resolution for you.

Meanwhile please let me know if you are using this computer in a managed environment like in a company managed network? and do you have a Creative Cloud for Teams or Enterprise subscription? If yes, then please check and confirm that the following network ports are allowed access on your machine https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/attachments/Creative_Cloud_for_enterprise_Service_Endpoints...

Thanks for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bana,

Thanks for coming back to me with the document. We use a Creative Cloud for Teams subscription and i am on a managed network. I need to state that  Version 4.0.1.188 of the desktop works absolutely fine, however that version was released earlier this year.

Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

Is that endpoint document relevant with version 4.0.1.188 ?

What i would also question is, if i have downloaded the latest version of the CCD App Version over the top  4.3.0.256 - which is not even on the release notes yet, why is it prompting me ' Update Available for Creative Cloud '?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lutros for sharing these details, as i am not an expert in deployment queries hence i am moving it to Deployment for Creative Cloud for Team, Enterprise, & CS​ community as experts will be able to assist you better.

You may also go to Admin console and go to 'ask the expert' option to get in touch with the support directly, see: Support and Expert Services.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with 3 different computers

W7 Pro

Used CC Cleaner and more... still the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Step 1: Remove CCDA and adobe application manager using Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Step 2: Once removed use to below download link to install CCDA and make sure it is updated to 4.3 Download Creative Cloud desktop app

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not resolve.

(Ran all as admin)

1-Ran CC Cleaner Tool

2-Rebooted

3-Extracted the Zip files and ran setup

Result: still will not launch correctly, gets hung up in Updating (images attached)

Creative Cloud 4.3.0.256 installed.

11-7-2017 8-35-24 AM.jpg

Additional note: this is an enterprise account but I have a personal account as well.  I have attempted with each account, two computers, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again.

Step 1: End all adobe processes from task manager

Step 2: Enable apps panel - Apps tab missing from the Creative Cloud desktop app

Step 3: Relaunch CCDA and the issue should be sorted.

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EUREKA!!!  rpandita -- your 3-step solution worked for my IT person on my system!!

Thank you! Thank you!!  Thank you!!!

--wns

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rohit,

I take back my last comment, this actually works a treat.

Thanks a million.

Stefan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i renamed, but still says updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind works now!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never mind, not working anymore. only worked for a second. PLEASE HELP!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi EBW12 ,

Step 1: Open task manager and kill all adobe applications.

Step 2: Follow the instructions on how to enable apps panel - Apps tab missing from the Creative Cloud desktop app

Step 3: Once the above steps are followed, make sure that the value in the XML file is TRUE

Step 4: Restart the computer and then launch CCDA

If the issue is still not resolved contact Customer Care - Contact Customer Care

~Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines