Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Restore old photo

Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have here this old photo which I would like to restore, as well as possible. Me as a basic Photoshop user tried things as playing with contrast, curves etc, didn't help that much. Could someone help me with this? I could send it to 'you' if you want to fix it yourself. I know the photo isn't that good but it is the real condition of the original photo I have in the photobook.

ixrqps.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm a photo restoration expert/lynda.com author on the subject and I could help you with it, but I'd have you send me a good copy of the image and I'd give you a quote. I can tell you the amount of work that looks like it would take would probably be in the $150 area. You can find a lot of people that would do it cheaper, but you should look for someone who's proficient with badly scratched/damaged photos. If you'd like to send me the image, the email is [Please use the Private Message system instead of posting email addresses publicly, as it is against forum policy.]. Good luck!

Edited by moderator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comment. Not to be rude, I actually hope'd someone would do it for free, or would give me tips how to fix this photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kerwick011  wrote

............ Not to be rude, I actually hope'd someone would do it for free, ...........

Do you work for free?

As far as tips - if you want to tackle it yourself, you can take a look at the following tools to get you started

1. Dust and scratches filter

2. Black and white adjustment layer

3. Spot healing brush

4. Clone stamp

No single tool/filter will instantly fix the image. As indicated in the posts above it will take a fair bit of work - but could be a good learning experience if you are willing to do it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't call it work, but "help". Don't get me wrong, I'm not demanding it orsomething.. just asking for help. And thanks for your tips, I will get on to it later on. If I think the result is ok I will show it here (If I won't forget it)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm definitely not comfortable with this forum being used to tout for business.  There are forums out there, like Photoshop Gurus, but I see this site being more for empowering people to do the job themselves. 

We have some very capable people here, but Retouch Pro is the place to go for lots of experts at this sort of thing.  It usually works out that if you provide a decent sized image to work with, several people will have a go at it just for the pleasure of testing their Photoshop skills.

http://www.retouchpro.com/

http://www.retouchpro.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, I don't think Landailyn was touting business in the sense that she posted a thread to illicit business. There are a lot of post on these forums for people looking for help, both in how to do something, and perhaps finding someone to do it for them. As Dave mentioned, no one like to work for free. I see a lot of this on the scripting forums where someone really doesn't want to learn scripting, just wants someone to do it for them. I have had a few OP's PM me, asking if I could write a script for hire. I saw this post, and contacted Landailyn, as I know her and her work, which is excellent. I told her that the OP might want a freebee, but said it might be worth replying to possibly get some work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tend to agree with you Trevor. If Landailyn​ wasn't trying to procure business why mention a price and then say it can be done for less, but with inferior quality? Having said that I see no reason why forum users should not do things for a fee, after all we can submit photographs to the stock library and receive royalties, so why not have Adobe Professional an expert service with fixed fees for different types of work?

I actually have done some restorations for free here, just usually as a challenge to see how much is possible and also for people who have lost loved ones and want something decent to remember them by-it can take a long time and often the OP will not even say thank you and for that reason I don't do it anymore. The OP may like to look at

Photoshop Gurus Forum

where they do free and paid work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Landailyn is an excellent at restoration, and has very good prices. I would highly recommend her.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find someone willing to have a go for free here:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1006://​

'Have a go' is of course a different thing to a professional service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop can rescue and restore old blurry photo easily. You can navigate to the Adobe online help

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/old-photo-restoration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines