3 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2008 7:28 AM by BrantL

Stopping SWF loop in Flash

BrantL
      Hi,

I created a file in AfterEffects and exported as a SWF. I then opened in Flash, added a symbol layer (so the video will also be a link) and exported as a new SWF. When I use command Test Movie in Flash, the SWF stops looping. When I place the exported SWF into Dreamweaver, it starts looping again. In Flash and Dreamweaver I have disabled loop in settings and added the <param name="loop" value="false"> html code. It still loops. I'm still new at this so any ideas are appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Stopping SWF loop in Flash
          clbeech Level 3
          in your swf file -create a new layer called 'actions' - go to the the last frame of the timeline and in the action layer insert a keyframe - with the frame selected open the actions panel and type - stop();

that will stop the timeline from looping, which it does by default.
          • 2. Re: Stopping SWF loop in Flash
            BrantL Level 1
            Thanks clbeech. For some reason when I import the SWF I created in AfterEffects, I get just one frame in the timeline. I tried creating keyframes but nothing happens when I try to scrub the timeline. Still when I test movie, it works.
            • 3. Re: Stopping SWF loop in Flash
              BrantL Level 1
              Thanks clbeech. For some reason when I import the SWF I created in AfterEffects, I get just one frame in the timeline. I tried creating keyframes but nothing happens when I try to scrub the timeline. Still when I test movie, it works.