• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Establishing a default printer for Acrobat X Pro

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10, have to reload all my programs. Had this issue when I first got the Windows 7 machine, long enough ago, I no longer remember the solution.

I want to select a scanner so when I need to scan something to a pdf, I can select Create > PDF from Scanner > Autodetect Color Mode, it scans. Mutliple pages, if necessary. Autodetect Color Mode is grayed out, I have to select Create > PDF from Scanner > Custom Scan. Have to make sure the correct scanner is selected, fortunately, it doesn't make me select it every time. This is a real pain when I need to scan something that's more than one page. I've tried selecting Configure Presets, it tells me, "The scanner last used by Acrobat does not support present scanning. Please select another scanner."

NONE of my scanners are apparently supported by Acrobat. I have two multifunction printers (one for everyday, ordinary printing, the other for special projects), and a dedicated scanner, a Canon CanoScan 9000F.

It shouldn't be this difficult. HOW do I establish the Canon CanoScan 9000F scanner as the default?

Thank you.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so problems like

that are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat X is not officially compatible with Windows 10, so problems like

that are to be expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, rats. Thank you for letting me know, at least I won't be tearing my hair out, just grumbling. Big Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines