5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2008 7:23 AM by matthew horn

datagrid

saejin
      I am setting up a simple feed reader with two datagrid components and a text component. The grid on the left is a single-column array of feed providers, and when clicked populates the grid on the right with feeds, which is also one column.

The problem I am having is that the header text and cell text won't display; but at least I can select a cell. The only text that I can get to show up is in the bottom area that displays the description...

• 1. Re: datagrid
          matthew horn Level 3
          I could not reproduce this issue. The datagrids populated just fine for me. Maybe I am misunderstanding your question. You do not see the names of the feeds in the top left DG, or the names of hte articles in the top right DG, just the articles' text in the bottom TextArea? Is that correct?

matt horn
          flex docs
          • 2. Re: datagrid
            saejin Level 1
            FYI - after reading your post, I decided to try compiling on windows xp. When I started the app, the boxes populated as expected. When I copied the swf back to my local server on Ubuntu, the same problem occurred - which is that the grids seem to populate, but no text shows. Everything about the grids seem to function otherwise, just shows no text. Text is only displayed in the bottom box for the description. This leaves me with the notion that there may be differences in the flash player I am using that is causing the issue. Another difference I had noticed is with a <mx:Text> component - if you have one that doesn't require a scrollbar, hover over the text, and use the mouse wheel, it scrolls the text one line (but that isn't all that bad)

Computer info - I'm running Ubuntu 7.10, Gnome 2.20.1, firefox 2 browser, flash plugin v 9.0.124.0. I may try reverting to an earlier plugin, so I'll be off for a bit..
            • 3. Re: datagrid
              saejin Level 1
              Ok. I installed firefox 3, with no luck and tried flash player 10 with no luck. It may be something with my system too, I don't know. Other flash sites seem to run perfect, though.
              • 4. Re: datagrid
                yupieyi Level 1
                Hi there.. if anyone here can direct me to a tutorial link that will help me go from very basic to atleast intermediate knowledge, ill be grateful...
                • 5. Re: datagrid
                  matthew horn Level 3
                  There have been some security-related changes to the player that may affect this... make sure you're running Flash Player 9 version 124 (you can check the version here: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

matt horn
                  flex docs