• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting an 7 year old Pal 720x576 dvd in Premiere Pro CS5.5.2

Engaged ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  am having trouble formatting an old DVD 4 x 3 to run normally in Premier Pro CS 5.5.2 and then uploaded to You Tube, but, I cannot get it right, the video looks squashed ? Attached is the You Tube link . I just cannot get it right on the timeline, any ideas ?

The DVD does play correctly in the Sony Blu-ray Player on the Sony Bravia. The format is correct, it is 7 years old 720 x 576 p Pal.

The format is all wrong when uploaded to You Tube   VTS 01 1 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of your PR sequence settings. And the export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

You can see the squashed video still image this is what I cannot get right and the DVD when uploaded to You Tube looks the same, I normally edit high definition video and I think I am out of practice with this real old video. All of the stills I can extract and fix in Adobe Photoshop but, doing it on the timeline has me beaten.   Thanks   .........I am not exporting from this file in Adobe Premier Pro , and want the stills for archival purposes , but, it would be nice if I could fix the format on the timeline, and just upload the stills.

But, to get the video right for You Tube would be a plus.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set the Project Settings correctly, before uploading the DVD as standard digital 720x 576 Pal , but, it looks wrong ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sequence settings, not project settings.

The sequence should match your footage if you create it by dragging the footage to the new icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still in trouble ?

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

how do you change the Sequence Settings, when I go to Sequence Settings I cannot alter to 788  x576 as Ann suggests and I think that may be the way to do it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want the sequence settings to match the footage you bring in. What are those settings? You screenshot would be most helpful.

Also, post what in requested as is also useful information.

Ann's  suggestion is for the export settings.

Sorry, I did not see your earlier post. Let's see what additional suggestion Ann has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan,

I finally tried using Movie Studio 14.0 Platinum which I hardly rarely use . Put the DVD in the program and it automatically imported as the correct format, then sent it to You Tube and I extracted all the stills I required within 10 minutes, I was truly amazed. There was no distortion in the movie or the stills for printing in Photoshop.

I would still like to know how you would do it in Premiere Pro ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I then extracted the Movie Studio v14 Platinum mpeg file and imported it into Premiere Pro and it worked perfectly, the right format and no distortion in the final video ? Everything worked including all the effects. Huuuuuuuuuum, why is it so ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your sequence setting is the par for widescreen PAL, not 4:3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should not make a difference, the export is wrong. YT does not understand non square pixels.

Or one needs to set the sequence settings to 4:3 and crop in the export settings to 4:3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both were issues: the images were wrong in PR because that par was wrong. Then the export was to nonsquare. More than one issue to skin this cat! But your instruction on the correct PAL square export was the key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Stan, In the end that was what it looked like,thanks to you all, appreciated.My wife looked pretty good for 20 years back , regardless of the tape technology.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the clip in the Project window and post a screenshot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expoort to 788x576 with square pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled.jpg  I 'll give it a go 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

How do you change the export to   "

Expoort to 788x576 with square pixels.

?///

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann,

I eventually used Movie Studio v14 Platinum and it automatically changed the pixels to what you suggested and also fixed the format of the stills I needed so in the end I had no need to use Premiere Pro.

Thanks, you were right about 788 x576  pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly editing a VOB... or Ripping a VOB to edit using a note from Jim Simon

-http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1322647

PPro/Encore tutorial list http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1448923

-includes a link to learn about the NEW ITEM process, with a picture in the link to show you what to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines