• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Design option is not there, only live.

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to create an image map, and I understand that in order to use the mapping tool, I need to be in design mode. Design mode is not available. When I try to create another website, all options appear as they should, but when I open one my sites that I've been working on, the design option isn't there. I only have code, split, and live. When I go to an empty page, the design mode is there. I am new to this and I don't know if this is normal or maybe I somehow changed the settings.  Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you click on design or live, don't you have a pop up , as in this video ... 10.15.2017-08.39.14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1 You must be using the legacy Fluid Grid Layout feature that was subsequently removed from DW CC.

Design view is disabled in Fluid Grid Layouts.   Use Bootstrap. It's better for a lot of reasons.  

#2 Image Maps are not responsive.  The hotspot coordinates don't resize to fit responsive images and will drift out of place in smaller devices.   Best advice is to avoid using image maps if you can.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you must use the Legacy FGLayouts, you could drop back to an older version of DW before design view was disabled in 2014.

CC-DesktopApp.jpg

As a workaround, you could open your CSS code in Code View and add an X as shown below.  DO NOT USE CSS DESIGNER PANELS for this.  It won't work.

/*

Dreamweaver Fluid Grid Properties

----------------------------------

dw-num-cols-mobile:     X 4;

dw-num-cols-tablet:        8;

dw-num-cols-desktop:    12;

dw-gutter-percentage:    25;

=====================================

Save. Close DW, re-open DW.  This will trick DW into thinking it's a normal layout so you can use Design View.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines