Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom download Mac High Sierra

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I am trying to download the free trial version of LR.

During the download process, it quits saying the installer quit unexpectedly.

I just recently upgraded to High Sierra.

When I Reopen the install, it does install.

When I go to open it, during the sign in process, it says I have signed out. I try to sign in again and I get the same error message.

Any ideas??

I have uninstalled and tried to install several times, same errors come up.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Sorry Buzz, that you are still having issues installing the Lightroom CC on your machine.

For further help I would recommend you to contact our Chat/Phone support directly, click here to contact them: Contact Customer Care.

If you any questions regarding this see: Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link.

Once you have had a word with them do update this discussion with your case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Davew70034426,

Sorry that you are having trouble installing your Lightroom Trial on your machine, I would recommend you to run the CC Cleaner tool and remove anything related to Lightroom CC from your machine: Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems, After this download and install the Creative Cloud desktop app first from here:Download Creative Cloud desktop app  , now install the Lightroom CC Trial from within the Creative Cloud desktop app and see if that works.

Share the results with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all as directed.

When I go to sign in with my Adobe ID, it says I have signed out. When I try signing in again, it says I have signed out.

Next idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Davew70034426, Please try the steps given in the following help document and see if that helps: Adobe Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Still says I am signed out. When I try to sign in again it still says I am signed out.

I am beginning to not want this product if it is going to be a huge pain.

Any other ideas??

BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kindly also take a look at the hosts file of your machine as an incorrectly configured hosts file can affect your computer's ability to connect to Adobe's activation servers.

See step 2: Reset your hosts file : Advanced solutions to connection errors with Adobe Creative Cloud and Creative Suite applications

Let us know if this helps, awaiting your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope.

I tried all points with no success.

Now I am getting more frustrated.

BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the late reply Davew70034426, as we have done almost all the troubleshooting, now I would request you to take a look at the install log files and see of there are any error codes in them which we can troubleshoot and resolve: Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files.

Also you may create a new user account and try installing the trial of Lightroom CC there and see if that works.

Kindly update the discussion with results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message for the dlm log.

It is;

10/15/17 21:02:51:185 | | | | | | | | 1379124 | Error creating local file. Error code: 13 - message: Permission denied

10/15/17 21:02:51:185 | | | | | | | | 1379124 | failed to create a file on local disk at /Library/Application Support/Adobe/AdobeGCClient/AdobeGCClient.zip.aamdownload.

10/15/17 21:02:51:185 | | | | | | | | 1379124 | failed to init the global file data for downloading

For the PDapp Log, I get the following;

10/26/17 19:36:38:103 | | 12845 | ASU | OPM | IMSLibHelper | | | 4896620 | Failed in setting clientList for groupId = 0 in setGroupedClients

10/26/17 19:36:38:103 | | 12845 | ASU | OPM | IMSLib | | | 4896620 | setGroupedClients failed in IMS_registerClientToGroup

And for the Creative Cloud Product Install Log, I may have the problem here.

When I go to look for the instal logs in my Adobe folder, there are none. The

folder is empty.

Thank you again for helping me out. I appreciate it.

BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the logs Buzz, as we can see in the DLM.Log file it clearly says that there are permissions related issues, so I would recommend you give full read and write permissions to both system and user library of your machine, see the instructions here: trying to install CS4 design premium on new computer, but installer stops on "preparing to install"-...

Kindly also let us know if you have tried installing the product in the new user account and were the results same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. That did not work either.

I do not have another computer to try installing on.

After trying this, I went back and used the cleaner tool with some faint hope. This did not work either…again.

What I have been trying to download is the Free Trial but I can not even get past the Creative Cloud sign on as it keeps telling me I have signed out.

BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Buzz, that you are still having issues installing the Lightroom CC on your machine.

For further help I would recommend you to contact our Chat/Phone support directly, click here to contact them: Contact Customer Care.

If you any questions regarding this see: Contact Support FAQ: Unable to reach support through the "Contact US" link.

Once you have had a word with them do update this discussion with your case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bani,

Yes, this worked for me.

It took the fabulous Priyanka Sharma to take control of my computer to get this done.

She did much of what you had sent me but had to do a few more steps to complete it.

Thank you for you assistance in solving this.

BUZZ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great ! , so good to hear that finally everything is up and running for you, enjoy your software .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines