Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP! CS6 File issue!!!!

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I use Adobe Photoshop CS6, runs smoothly, perfectly and well, no issues except one.

I never had this issue before but recently I started using CS6 again and found that when I save a W.I.P or a finished product i have created that it does not appear anywhere in my PC.

Now when I open photoshop and open files, I can see all the files that i have saved in any type of format there. I cant see any external downloaded files like GFX Packs and ETC in a PSD form or whatever.

This is really strange because when I need to email something or send it to someone i have to use a snippit tool to capture my work which is really not getting the best quality.

Anyone know how to fix this issue where my PC can find the files and recognise them not just when searching through CS6 itself.

(Note even if i search my PC through the folder and everything nothing happens)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of the lost pictures.

Click on menu File > Save as ...

What file path is displayed in the Save-As window?

It should be the original saving place - provided the option "Save as to Original Folder" is checked in Edit > Prferences > File handling.

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do so, I check the directory but it shows desktop like it ususally is.

I checked the File Handling and the option to save to the original saving place has been selected aka ticked.

When i look through normal files on the pc i can find the files as soon as i open it when i scroll down but when i double click to open nothing happen and it says the file directory was unable to be found and the file is 0 bytes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My thought would be to check your drive for errors by right clicking on your C: drive and under the Tools tab, perform a disk check and defragmentation if need be.

Next, Reset Preferences on CS6:

If you need a quick and dirty way to restore your preferences, here's a way you can do it using a keyboard shortcut on launch:

Windows - double-click the PS icon to start Photoshop

Immediately Hold down CTRL-SHIFT-ALT

You will see a delete preferences dialog. Click “yes".

Now see if everything is back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said and nothing happened still cant find the files that i saved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open Photoshop go to Files > Recent Files and select the file you want.

When it opens, go to the document tab, right-click on it and choose "Reveal in Explorer". It should show you where it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run Disk Check:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2641432/check-your-hard-disk-for-errors-in-windows-7

You may have a failing disk, as gener7 suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors, 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What does Reveal in Explorer do When you try it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines