Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5

Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This is the 3rd time I am leaving a message on this forum. I have tried in vain to talk with someone on the phone at Adobe, but because I have LR 5 nobody can answer my question. I am getting really frustrated, and have no idea how to talk to someone! I need to talk with someone urgently! Please.

GC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This forum is writing only. And it is user driven.

Lr 5 is out of support, so your possibilities to get support are limited to this forum. If you would describe your problem, we could help.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for replying. Yes, I know LR 5 is no longer really supported, but it was working fine until a few days ago. I tried reloading it but my Serial Number is no longer valid, and now I cannot open LR at all on my computer. So I have lost everything. How can I get it back without it asking for my serial number, because even though I have it, it keeps telling me it is not valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, there is no need whatever to post the serial number here. Keep it private.

I'm simply asking some questions:

• What did happen that you were trying to reinstall?
  • How many times did you install that version on different computers?
  • Did you buy a full version or an upgrade from a former Lr? You will need both numbers the original one and the Lr5 upgrade number.
  • Are you sure that you used the correct serial number?
  • Did you register you product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Abambo,

I see no way to reply to your questions on the forum. Is this normal? I’ve tried several ways to reply cannot seem to make it work.

GC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gcol1234  wrote

Hello Abambo,

I see no way to reply to your questions on the forum. Is this normal? I’ve tried several ways to reply cannot seem to make it work.

GC

No, that's not normal.

Click the "Comment" button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, found a solution.

LR 5 started having problems when I upgraded to OS X Sierra. Some of my tools were no longer working such as Exposure. So then I downgraded back to El Capitan. But still it is not working. Apple support suggested I reload LR 5 which I tried to do yesterday. But my serial number no longer seems to work. And I can no longer open LR on my computer.

I bought the software through a photography club here in France. I only installed in once on my old PC and again when I got the Mac. But yesterday it was just with the same Mac, so 2 machines total. I am not sure if I registered the product, as it was a few years ago now, and maybe the club did it for us. I no longer have access to my catalogues. I am sure I can retrieve my old LR somehow but need some help with the serial number.

Thanks for your time and help!

GC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution,I suppose is for the reply, not your Lr problem.

The situation reminds me some other conversion here on the forums. Especially the "I baught through the photoclub"... Was that also you?

I'm speculating now: I think you exhausted your 2 installs even that the new install is on the same machine, but changed OS respectively reverted old OS. If that is the case, Adobe needs to release your serial number, so that you can reuse it. Contact Adobe via chat. Tell them that you needed to rebuild your computer and that now the serial number is not accepted by Lr. This is the only situation where you still get some support as of my information.

Login with your Adobe id and use "contact us"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to your advice I have since been in touch with someone at Adobe and he was able to reinstall Lightroom 5 on my computer, so that’s good news! However, I am still having the initial problems I was having before all this, and that is that many of my sliders don’t seem to work anymore like Exposure, Clarity and all the others in that section. So I am now very limited to what I can do on my photos.

GC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gcol,

As some of your tools are not working in Lightroom could please check in Help > About Lightroom and make sure that you are using Lightroom 5.7.1

Also you can try resetting the preferences of Lightroom: How to set Lightroom preferences

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sahil,

Thanks for taking the time to write back. I do have LR 5.7.1. I’ve gone to the link you sent me but I just can’t seem to figure it out. It must be me! I’ve tried all the different things but can’t seem to get to where I am meant to go to either reset the preferences Manually or with the Short cut. When I try the Shortcut way, all my Icons start quivering, but then LR won’t open when I try to click on it, so can’t reset preferences there. And for the manual version, I just can’t get to the location they are asking me to go to. I have though, backed up all my catalogue files. (At least I could do that successfully)!

Gabrielle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you are probably on the wrong version. You need to upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines