Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to apply a text preset I get this error message

Participant ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset does not apply to text.PNG

On Lesson 5 page 166 of the After Effects Apprentice Guide by Cris and Trish Meyers the instructions say to double click on an animation preset to apply it. Media Bridge will close and After Effects will apply the preset to the text layer. I did that and got this error message and no preset was applied. I looked up Cris and Trish Meyers site at crisdegign.com and they referred me to the Adobe forum for help as they are not equipped to handle troubleshooting questions. I'll work around this issue for now and hopefully I can come up with a solution as to what is different about my setup that it is not following the book per se. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the book is for CC 2015 and I'm on 2017, if so, then there must be another way to apply the preset. I haven't found it here. Please let me know and I can email crisdesign to let him know this for possible changes in an updated After Effectsd Apprentice guide

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applying animation presets from Bridge has been buggy for quite a while. You can use Bridge to find the text effect you want to use, then remember the name, go to the effects and presets panel and search for the preset, then double-click if the layer is selected or drag the preset from the Effects Panel to the layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ChrisCrystalize,

I found that this is working fine in CC 2018. Can you please try it?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines