Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch positioning

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning All,

I have a series of images of shoes (~150).  Due to variations in size of the shoes the white space around each of them varies.

Is there a way to arrange so that each shoe is the centre of each frame with a consistent gap between the edges of the frame and top/sides/bottom of the shoe?

Hopefully the two images convey my meaning a little more clearly.

Anand Cheaney-27.jpg

Anand Cheaney-28-Edit.jpg

Essentially, I am seeking to place the centre of the boot/shoe in the centre of the frame and crop to that effect in a batch process.

Failing that, any suggestions that would make manipulating these images a little quicker would be gratefully received.

Regards,

Jeremy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no way to do that automatically.

I would though suggest that you keep the filmstrip large, so you can review the positioning of the series. Or use a second screen with the grid on it?

In Crop, changing the crop overlay may help - see Tools > Crop Guide Overlay. And working in AutoSync mode would be the fastest way to crop multiple images simultaneously.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, John, thanks for that.  I feared that might be the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you aren't starting with the image 'centred' in the frame I can't see how to do it. If centred and you need to finish with a 'standard' canvas size irrespective of the image dimensions then LR2Mogrify plug-in can be used for export - adding borders  (or not) in your examples in white to finish with consistent  dimensions in each file. For instance I use it to create square images 2048x2048 for Instagram irrespective of the starting aspect ratio and resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The whole point, Effeegee, is that the image isn't centered, hence the question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines