• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Create PDF Extension in Firefox is Missing

Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar (with Acrobat Pro XI) worked fine with all of the Firefox updates. I upgraded to Adobe Creative Cloud (complete apps) last week. At first, the toolbar did not appear in Firefox. Then later it started working. On Sunday, the icon/plug-in disappeared. The Acrobat Create PDF Extension does not appear in Tools >  Extensions.  The Firefox forum does not provide any useful suggestions. The Acrobat Create PDF Toolbar appears OK in MS Internet Explorer.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jwoodring,

As per the description above, you are not getting the Adobe Create PDF toolbar in Firefox, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following link for more information Adobe Acrobat no longer appears in Firefox toolbar  Link: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2283296

To enable the Create PDF extension in Firefox, refer to Enable Create PDF extension for Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Acrobat  Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-createpdf-extension-firefox.html

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer above, "To enable the Create PDF extension in Firefox, refer to Enable Create PDF extension for Mozilla Firefox, Adobe Acrobat​?" points to a wrong answer.

The truth is, Create PDF doesn't work with recent 64bit versions of Firefox (56.0.1 and above).

That makes Acrobat Pro much much less useful and ruins my productivity. The workarounds (print to PDF, work for inside Acrobat) are cludgy, unreliable and ultimately unprofessional.

I pay top dollar for the original PDF software for Adobe (Creative Cloud) and I expect to get pro-grade features.

When will you fix the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you fully. I miss the professional quality of the Adobe converted files of web pages in Firefox. When is Adobe going to fix this? I converted to Adobe CC and paying for their service. I was much better off with my Acrobat Pro XI. It worked with the latest Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I absolutely agree!  I just got done with a long, useless chat with Adobe Support about this.  When I finally got the agent to understand that I wasn't having trouble activating the extension, I was having trouble FINDING the extension, she sent me a link to this thread.  After I read it I asked, so is Adobe doing anything to fix this?  I'll pick up the conversations from there...

Me: Just making sure I understand...so the answer is, I can't get the Create PDF extension because it no longer works with Firefox? Is Adobe going to fix that?

Support agent: Mary, Please allow me a moment.

Support agent: Thank you for your patience.

Support agent: Mary, I really apologize for that but we don't support extensions.

Me: But didn't Adobe create this extension? You don't support your own products?

Support agent: Mary, we don't support the extensions.

Me: Okay, thanks

Support agent: You are welcome.

Okay...whatever.  I was able to use the Adobe PDF Printer to create a .pdf of the page I'm concerned with today, but as others have pointed out, that doesn't work on some web pages.  The other thread on this issue that's referenced above  Adobe Acrobat no longer appears in Firefox toolbar was started last February.  I haven't found any updates since then, or indications that Adobe plans to release one eventually!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines