• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop new scan from taking over as active file during batch scanning?

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Silverfast Ai 8.8 to batch scan negatives. When the scans are completed, Photoshop (CC 2014.2.2/Windows) is automatically launched (through Silverfast's preference settings), and the scan opens. However, if I am working in that scan (and I tend to make minor corrections that don't take long), and new scan finishes, Photoshop opens that file and makes it the active file, no matter what I am doing. So if I am doing a bit of cloning and stamping, the Clone Stamp tool is suddenly doing the task on the new file, which is obviously frustrating. Is there any easy way to stop Photoshop from forcing the file to be active and just remain open along with the other files that have been opened in the batch?

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think so.

Silverfast is giving the command to Photoshop to open a file. Photoshop obeys and so that file is automatically the active file. It makes no difference if you or anything else (Silverfast, explorer or whatever) opens a file; the newly openend file becomes the active file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping maybe there was something I was missing somewhere, but I understand why it would happen this way. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I do with batch scanning is have the software drop the scans into a folder, and have Adobe Bridge open to that folder. That way, I can monitor and preview scans piling up in that folder without interrupting work in Photoshop, and when I'm ready to work on a different image I just switch to Bridge and double-click it.

Or I'll have Lightroom auto-load those images by using the batch scan destination folder as a Watched Folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines