• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos delete from lightroom but not computer

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is two fold. The first portion I believe is answered but may help to understand part 2.

For months I have tried deleting photos from lightroom the way I always have. I make sure to delete to finders trash, and not just from lightroom. But, when I do it that way, currently no photos move into my trash. My computer needs desperately to clear files off. When I spoke to an adobe customer service rep (who did a screen share with me and confirmed I was deleting correctly) he explained that because I have an older version of lightroom (LR3) my computer no longer recognizes that action and I need to update what I already have... which brings me to today.

I tried to update lightroom on creative cloud and it says that the update failed. Customer service explained they could not help me and directed me here. In a perfect world I would be able to update lightroom 3 so I can delete photos and also merge it with another user screen on my same computer that has a catalogue of lightroom 5.

I would sure appreciate the help! So much!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

brandonc12236423  wrote

My problem is two fold. The first portion I believe is answered but may help to understand part 2.

For months I have tried deleting photos from lightroom the way I always have. I make sure to delete to finders trash, and not just from lightroom. But, when I do it that way, currently no photos move into my trash. My computer needs desperately to clear files off. When I spoke to an adobe customer service rep (who did a screen share with me and confirmed I was deleting correctly) he explained that because I have an older version of lightroom (LR3) my computer no longer recognizes that action and I need to update what I already have... which brings me to today.

Even with LR 3, you can move the photos to an external or network drive, rather than deleting the photos. No update needed. And even if you can't send the photos to the trash from Lightroom (which I am skeptical), you could certainly send the photos to the trash using your operating system.

I tried to update lightroom on creative cloud and it says that the update failed.

We could help you, if you were to provide details.

In a perfect world I would be able to update lightroom 3 so I can delete photos and also merge it with another user screen on my same computer that has a catalogue of lightroom 5.

I have no idea what this means, but ... you have LR 5?? There's nothing stopping you from merging your LR3 catalog with the LR 5 catalog. Just open LR 5 and then File->Import from Another Catalog and select the LR 3 catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help! I'm sorry for my delay getting back, we have been on a trip.

So- I know it is complicated but- yes! I have lightroom3 on one login account to my computer, from an external hardrive that saved all I had after my computer crashed. I have another login for everything since then, with lightroom five. Should I begin with merging these two together? Even if there are over 20,000 files?

If I can- I can easily delete everything I need to with my lightroom 5.

I did confirm with lightroom through a screen share that nothing will delete to finders trash in my lightroom 3.

thank you for much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My feeling is that one catalog is much better than several catalogs. I would definitely merge your LR 3 catalog into the LR 5 catalog.

To do this, in LR 5, select File->Import from another Catalog, and then in the dialog box that appears, select your LR 3 catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines