Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Metadata location filter not working

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I geotagged a lot of photos, but I can't use the metadata location filter, because all photographs are marked as "Unknown Location". I wonder why, because in the panel I can see that "City," "State," and "Country" are automatically filled properly, only "Sublocation" is empty.

Both "Look up city, state and country of GPS coordinate to provide suggestions" and "Export address suggestions whenever address fields are empty" boxes are checked.

Windows 10, Lightroom CC (newest version)

It's driving me crazy, because without being able to filter photos by location the GPS data is useless. I'd be really happy if somebody could help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

You're getting confused by sloppy labeling in LR.  The Location column in the Library Filter's Metadata browser corresponds to Sublocation in the Metadata panel.   The columns that are of interest to you: City, State / Province, Country, GPS Data.

Note that the metadata browser's Map Location column refers to what are called Saved Locations in the Map module (more sloppy labelling). 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're getting confused by sloppy labeling in LR.  The Location column in the Library Filter's Metadata browser corresponds to Sublocation in the Metadata panel.   The columns that are of interest to you: City, State / Province, Country, GPS Data.

Note that the metadata browser's Map Location column refers to what are called Saved Locations in the Map module (more sloppy labelling). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines