• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 12 - almost installs and stops with this error...

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

setup.exe was not able to locate some components required for successful installation of the product. please retry after making sure the complete set of files is available

Thats the message I get. I have downloaded this previously a few years ago on my laptop and tried to install on my desktop now. Not sure how to fix it?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Is that Windows 10? (you should always provide all information when asking a question)

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is that Windows 10? (you should always provide all information when asking a question)

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... says Encore, but sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines