0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2017 2:31 AM by MariusAD

iOS app started failing on task

MariusAD

So I need to clarify something about my problem. I have an app in development and have it sent to test flight, and it runs perfectly as it should on all the devices.

Then I was going to add some extra stuff into the app that has nothing to do with this function, its just buttons and forgot "password". Then when I wanted to test my app first on my Android device, I got errors. I guess it might have something todo with that I installed React Native the week before, maybe something with the gradle or something. Could not fix the problem, so I tested with starting a new project and it worked fine. So I just copied the files over and installed the plugins, and it works just fine in Android but iOS the function "fails". I then downgraded all the plugins to the same version same for the cordova-ios version, but still the same problem.

The Problem:

I have a app for recording and when the user is recording a sound should play in loop in the background. I solved this by using AVAudioSession, and nothing in this function has changed at all. But when I start recording the beat in the back plays one time, then timer stops for a bit and starts again stops and starts. So its trying to do the processes but it freezes for half a second or so, and the Amplitude stops working.

Example code:

AVAudioSession.setCategoryWithOptions(

AVAudioSession.Categories.PLAY_AND_RECORD,

AVAudioSession.CategoryOptions.MIX_WITH_OTHERS,

function() {

console.log('audio session success');

},function() {

console.log('audio session error');

});

var beat = new Audio("audio/snap-11.wav");

recordButton.addEventListener("touchstart", function(){

if(!isRecording){

intBeat = setInterval(function(){

beat.play();

}, (60 / bpm) * 1000);

mediaRec = new Media(filename, app.services.audio.success, app.services.audio.error);

mediaRec.startRecord();

} else {

clearInterval(intBeat);

mediaRec.stopRecord();

}

}, false);

Can it be something with ios-deploy or something like that builder etc.? Because I didn't use that beforehand, and I'm using OnsenUI as framework but that version is also the same as the old project.