Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nasum, 3.5 mm Connector + MacBookPro

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

i am totally new to this, so this might be a beginner question. i bought a microphone for my laptop and was superexcited to get started. i plugged in the usb cable and wanted to start, but adobe auditon tells me that the microphone is not functional.

i have also switched the standard microphone from the integrated microphone to the new microphone.

what can i do? does it simply not work for adobe audition?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly is the USB microphone model? And where is the 3.5mm cable involved? You will have to go into Audition's Audio Hardware set up page and make sure that you select the USB mic as your source. Also the sample rate settings have to match between what the mic sends and what Audition and your Mac is set to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. It's exactly this model:

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B073ZDMP3R/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's just the usb cable. I have selected the microphone in the settings and it works, but as soon as I select the microphone in audition it says non functional. I have the screenshoted the problem. Watch out it’s in the german, but it gives you a hint.Bildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 14.50.06.pngBildschirmfoto 2017-10-18 um 14.53.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well the problem may be the Sample Rate. According to the info on the mic it is 48kHz so Audition will have to be set the same. Try unticking the two boxes 'Versuchen etc.' and 'Computerspezifische etc.'

Also the Master Clock is set to Output which is not working. Try changing that to Input CD04. Another problem may be that the mic doesn't have a headphone jack on it like more expensive USB mics so Audition gets confused because it normally expects the Input and Output device to be the same. You will need to make sure that Audition's default Output is set to the Mac's audio out. This may mean messing about with the Core Audio set up on the Mac which I know nothing about being a purely PC user I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines