1 2 3 Previous Next 99 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2017 11:53 PM by yairy46058005

Online storage with full CC subscription?

anonymous6546 Level 1

Hi,

The new Lightroom CC storage plan includes 1 TB of storage for $9.99/mo (or $19.99 when paired with Photoshop in the Photography plan). As a full Creative Cloud subscriber, will my storage increase to 1 TB or am I stuck with 100 GB? If I want to upgrade the storage for an additional fee, is this possible?

I realize the product just launched but there is a lack of clarity on the website about how these updates affect existing subscribers...

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
          99jon Adobe Community Professional & MVP

There is a discount in the first year to $14.99 for existing subscribers.

99jon tech: New Lightroom CC & Lightroom Classic

• 2. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
            anonymous6546 Level 1

Thanks, but I'm not a Photography subscriber, I'm a FULL Creative Cloud subscriber ($49.99/mo on an annual contract).

• 3. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?

I don't think subscribers to the full apps plan would be excluded from the offer.

• 4. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                anonymous6546 Level 1

But the Lightroom-only plan is $9.99 so why would I pay $14.99 when I already have Photoshop?

• 5. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                  Apreche Level 1

I am having the exact same problem.

I have a complete Creative Cloud plan. Although I primarily do photo work, I also need Premiere, Acrobat, and some other apps occasionally. I saw the news about the new Lightroom CC this morning, and was very excited. It fits my workflow a lot better than the classic Lightroom.

Yet, even though I'm paying for the new Lightroom CC, I can't actually use it because I only have 100GB of cloud storage. I have way way more than 100GB of photos, especially in RAW format.

I contacted Adobe support chat, and they said there is no way to increase my cloud storage. I have the chat transcript to prove it. This is completely ridiculous. Why does someone paying $10 a month get 1TB of storage, yet someone paying $50+ can't get more than 100GB?

4 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                    anonymous6546 Level 1

Thanks for sharing your support experience. This is what I figured.

Adobe is more concerned with getting everyone who takes a picture with their phone to subscribe for $9.99 (because they're all "photographers" now). That's fine as a strategy, but ignoring your core customers' needs (as they have been for years) is NOT sound business strategy. They're eroding trust and putting resources into consumer products instead of professional products.

Competitors are already siphoning away market share in the pro segment, so it's probably just a matter of time before the big tools are no longer receiving feature updates. Adobe would rather compete with Apple, Google, and Microsoft instead of a few tiny pro tool companies. Good luck.

• 7. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?

Sorry for confusion, its quite new today. There will be storage plans between 1TB and 10TB priced at $10 pm per 1TB.

So you should be able buy 1TB for $10. Maybe those on the full plan should get the first year at $4.99 but you wont pay more than $10. I would suggest checking with sales.

1 person found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                        marcosd20823419 Level 1

Go to My Account in Adobe and click on the change plan. That is the only place were I found the discounts and upgrade options. Going through links on website always assumed I was new user even though I was logged in. In there under Managed plan I have additional options.Screen Shot 2017-10-18 at 3.01.10 PM.png

• 9. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Whoever the chat support guy who told you there was no storage upgrade for full cloud subscribers was simply wrong.

• 10. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                            patrickem Level 1

I see nowhere to add storage.

• 11. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                              zselmon Level 1

It looks to me like you can change your plan to full creative cloud plus 1tb storage for 59.99, but its kind of confusing. Under the change plan option you have to click the little right arrow to see all the options

Adobe_ID.jpg

6 people found this helpful
                              • 12. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                SeeHappy Level 1

It seems that this option only allows you to upgrade storage for the limited 'CC Photography Plan' which only has Lightroom CC/classic and Photoshop.  It looks like you have the full CC membership (including all apps), which currently is only limited to 100GB of storage.  I had a long chat with Adobe support on this and they told me that they have basically ran out of storage!  They hope to have more available in a week or so, at which time the rest of us (who happen to be on the more expensive full packages) can upgrade. 

Im disappointed in Adobe for not putting the customers who pay for the full CC membership first in line for additional cloud storage.

Clip from the support chat below:

Me: so when will i be able to purchase 1TB?

Deepak: we do not have the exact date when these offering will be available

Deepak: but I would request you to expect it in a week time

Me: it seems pointless that Adobe released Lightroom CC without the storage availability for CC users to use the program - just some feedback

Me: So in a week or so i will be able to buy the 1TB package

Me: ?

Deepak: no we had ample of space, which has been bough so quickly

Deepak: we were not expecting the unexpected response

Deepak: yes it will be available sooner

Me: it seems if i was new to lightroom CC, i would have been able to buy the 1TB, but as a loyal CC customer i am put to the back of the line

Me: its not exactly good customer service

Me: hopefully this will be resolved soon

Deepak: sure, Nadia !

Deepak: we are sorry for the inconvenience, it will indeed be ready as soon as possible 

Me: I appreciate your help

Deepak: and I can understand your concern

Deepak: I appreciate your understanding and patience too

Deepak: You are going to receive a customer satisfaction survey. I would appreciate it if you fill it out. Thank you, goodbye!

Me: I actually used to work for a storage company that supplies storage to Adobe, I will be sure to let them know the troubles you are having. thanks for your help

• 13. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                  zselmon Level 1

I have the option to switch plans and increase storage under my full creative cloud account... If i go to switch plans, click the little right arrow, this is what I see

Adobe_ID.jpg

2 people found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                    paulbrickwell Level 1

That is very interesting, my account does not look like this.

• 15. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                      SeeHappy Level 1

Wow!  I just did the same as  @zselmon and i now have 1TB storage!  How strange that two separate Adobe support guys would tell me I can't upgrade.  I guess the company must be having storage issues and thus they are discouraging signup right now. 

Thanks zselmon !!  I can happy get syncing now!

• 16. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                        zselmon Level 1

Do you have the option to switch to another plan? And do you have the left/right arrows to scroll through the options? I didn't notice the arrows at first and got confused.

• 17. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                          marcosd20823419 Level 1

These updates can take time to propagate across their servers and user groups. I suggest giving it 24 hours because some people are already seeing the option. On other threads some people earlier today had not even gotten the push for the new software in Creative Cloud app.

seehappy said Adobe had ran out of storage. Deepak is making that up because I was given options of up to 10TB. If there were a limitation I imagine we photo people would not be getting these hire tiers of storage right away either.

• 18. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                            paulbrickwell Level 1

Yes, I can select between several different plans, none of which have more than 100GB. Will just wait for Adobe's servers to propagate.

• 19. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                              feralCoton Level 1

So, i'm not clear.  if there are storage plans from 1TB to 100TB does this mean that users with full plans will get get 1TB rather than the 100GB?

With the new Lightroom CC, 100GB gets used up rather rapidly.

• 20. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?

Well I have the all apps plan and downloaded and installed Lr CC today. I was surprised to see what storage was already built-in when I went to prefs.

But I do agree this all needs to be communicated more clearly.

• 21. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                  David_Illig Level 1

You're not reading the thread. Please see zselmon's post with the big red arrow.

• 22. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                    feralCoton Level 1

I have read that there are supposed to be upgrade opportunities, but it wasn't stated if the existing full CC plan will be converted from 100GB to 1TB, with paid upgrades beyond that.

zselmon's post shows an 'upgrade' to a 9.99/mo lightroom CC plan, which has 1TB but does not have all the CC apps. 

All i would like to do is increase storage on my full plan that i have now.

• 23. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                      zselmon Level 1

Full CC plan isn't converted to 1TB, its 100gb but you can upgrade to 1tb for 59.99. Look at the screenshots I posted and find the big red arrow. You have to click on the right arrow to scroll to view all plan options, but there is an option for all apps where you can select from 1tb or more storage.

• 24. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                        David_Illig Level 1

zselmon's post was very helpful, but you need to log in to your account, select Manage account, select Manage plan, then select Switch plan. Then you will see the options. Use the arrow keys to see the right options for your present subscription type. Under the prospective plan select the amount of storage you want in order to see pricing for various amounts of storage, from one to 10 TB.

• 25. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                          oecreative Level 1

not seeing the arrows to switch plans, hopefully will propagate tomorrow. Did everyone's here show up immediately or was there a wait?

• 26. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                            fuzzedman Level 1

For me - there's a note ... saying that contact support to switch plans

• 27. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                              Ken Taylor Design Level 1

Disappointed in the money grab by Adobe for this product. I'm also a full CC subscriber, our monthly fees support your R&D for products like this, then you charge us more for it? Not impressed, don't become Quark, you may have already lost a huge chunk of the industry with the late release of XD (your sketch knock-off). Don't do the same by withholding this from your full CC subscribers without paying for effectively both the Photographer CC plan and the Full CC plan. Not a happy camper.

• 28. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                Mike & Ness Level 1

It should be noted, that different people will see different screens for switching. Maybe based on country? I'm in canada.
                                                                My manage plans and switch plans screen looks slightly different, and even scrolling through the options, it doesn't have an "all apps + 1 TB" option.

I'm sure it's going to take time for everyone to have it especially as they apparently did not buy enough server space.

• 29. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                  Mike & Ness Level 1

Sorry for dual monitor screen shot. But this is to show that not everyone has the same options on their switch plan screen.

• 30. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                    Apreche Level 1

Ok, so here is what I am seeing when I click to the right to look at other plans. these are the two plans that include all apps.

adobe1.png

So for about $10 more per month I can get 1TB of storage. That is acceptable, since that is also the price that Google Drive charges for 1TB. However, how come that all apps plan with 1TB does not include "Your own portfolio website, and premium fonts" ?

I don't currently use the portfolio site, but I was considering it. More importantly, I DO use the fonts. If I switch to that plan, will I lose my fonts? Also, I'm not exactly sure which month I started my current one year plan. Will there be some sort of fee for switching before the year is up? I know there is a fee if you completely cancel early, but what if you switch?

As for the other plan, it only includes 100GB, but it also says "Creative Cloud for Individuals" as opposed to just "Creative Cloud All Apps plan". That's me, I'm an individual. Is there a difference there?

Also, looking at these plans side by side shows how even more ridiculous the current situation is. The plan on the left costs $65 a month and includes 1TB of storage. The plan on the right costs over $20 MORE per month. Yet, it only includes 100GB of storage. So really we can say it costs $30 more because the storage is removed. Are the stock images, fonts, and portfolio site really worth $30 per month?

This is actually making things more difficult than before. Yesterday the answer was simply that there was no way to upgrade. Now there is a $65 plan. But what if Adobe straightens this out? Will they come out with plans worse than $65 making me regret not switching now? Or will they come out with more reasonable plans making me regret not switching?

• 31. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                      Apreche Level 1

Oh, one more thing. The plans that are listed if I go to the site as a brand new customer are completely different from the ones listed in the plan switching interface when I'm logged in. If those are just special deals for new subscribers, that needs to be stated explicitly.

• 32. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                        Apreche Level 1

I was finally able to get a real answer! You can upgrade your storage to 1TB using this link:

****This is Rick Spaulding.  Just to be clear, I had to delete the link that was in this post because it did not work. It added 1TB of Creative Cloud assets storage but not photo storage. If you should encounter this "Adobe Checkout" link elsewhere, don't use it. The issue has been fixed and you should be able to purchase more storage through your "Manage Account" link as described above.*****

Cheers!

4 people found this helpful
                                                                        • 33. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                          Mike & Ness Level 1

Literally, this one post is more helpful than 2 of the adobe support people, and 10 minutes of back and forth.

• 34. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                            Apreche Level 1

Update: I bought the 1TB plan for $10 a month. It went through. I have it on my account. But in Lightroom, it still says I only have 100GB of storage available.

account.png

lightroom.png

• 35. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                              thomasnash Level 1

Have you tried to restart LR CC? Have you retried again after a while, maybe there is a delay before it shows up in LRCC?

If this works properly it is a good clean way of solving this problem.

After 1/2 hr wait time, and 20 minutes of chat, I was told that it is impossible to add memory to a Student and Teacher edition all Creative Cloud Edition. I told them this made a product I had paid for useless and finally got the case escalated. I will report back when I get the email from the Senior Agents answering this question.

• 36. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                                feralCoton Level 1

Yes.  that is the situation i'm in.  You can switch plans, but then you aren't getting the student/teacher edition any longer, but rather the full priced edition for almost twice the price.  it is odd they have placed such premium price on storage, especially since their new approach by definition demands a lot more of it.

• 37. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                                  Apreche Level 1

I have tried restarting Lightroom. I have also tried completely logging out of creative cloud and logging in again. I have tried on desktop and mobile. I still only have 100GB of storage even though I am now paying $10 extra per month for 1TB. It has been over 5 hours since I gave them money, and I have not received anything in return. I expected it to be instantaneous. Doesn't really give you a lot of confidence that they will be a safe place for backups. I'll probably also keep paying for Google Drive because clearly Adobe can't be trusted.

Also, they aren't really placing a premium price on storage. The storage prices are $10/TB/month, which is competitive with other cloud providers. The thing is they have completely messed up the organization of plans, ability to manage plans.

What they should have done with the announcement of Lightroom CC is upgrade every single existing plan to have 1TB minimum, since 100GB is now a useless amount of storage. Then just allow people to upgrade their storage to any amount (for a price) at any time, regardless of their plan.

• 38. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                                    thomasnash Level 1

I think this is a screw up in the launch, but it is really a PITA, particularly since the Help agents have no clue.

I was about to buy a TB plan, but I will wait until I am sure it would be integrated into LRCC. Please keep us informed.

I still have not heard back from the "Senior Agents"

• 39. Re: Online storage with full CC subscription?
                                                                                      thomasnash Level 1

Have you tried to upload more than 100GB?

1 2 3 Previous Next