Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

C5.5 Web Premium - Error installing with valid serial number

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have bought years ago the Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium, and had it installed on each computer I have had since.

I remember that on the last one, 4 years ago, I had trouble installing it so I called Adobe support line and I was given a new serial number for this product plus I had to do some settings but I can't remember what today.

I just bought a new computer I now that I am trying to install the Suite again, using that new serial number, I get an error message : "The serial number you entered is valid, but a qualifying product cannot be found on this computer". Sure, it's a new install that I am trying to achieve!

What can I do to get this sorted? It seem that these days it is not possible to talk to somebody over the phone, so what can I do to get these softwares on my new computer?

Many Thanks in advance for your help,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Excellent Christele thanks for the update!

Please make sure to register your serial numbers on http://www.adobe.com/ if you have not done so already.  This will allow you to use the steps listed in Find your serial number if you need to locate your eligible serial numbers in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That message says that you have an upgrade, so you must either have a qualifying program installed, or a qualifying serial number to enter during the install process

Without a qualifying product, you may not install an upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but the original serial was replaced by a new one when the technician helped me and now nothing works. So I am stuck with my CS 5.5 Suite CDs and can't get the softwares installed on my new computer. I can't reach anyone at Adobe on the phone, so what am I suppose to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ArtooTeetoo I am sorry but I only find an upgrade licensing for Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium for Mac under the e-mail address you used to post to this public forum.  I am also showing an full version license for Acrobat 10 for Mac also under this account.  You can find complete information on how to locate your registered serial numbers at Find your serial number​.

ArtooTeetoo please contact our support team at Contact Customer Care so that the full version serial number can be located.  If you purchased the Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium upgrade then you would have purchased previous full version Creative Suite to take advantage of the upgrade pricing as indicated by John in message #1.  When contacting our support team please be prepared with any alternate e-mail addresses or phone numbers that would have been used when you registered the software ArtooTeetoo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Many thanks for your answer. Ok, I had bought a Creative Suite (in guess CS3) in 2005 when I used to live in the UK and I upgraded to CS5.5 in 2011 but I was in France by then. Just found an old email of the order. So I will try to install the old CS3 first and then try to do the update with the CS5.5 cds. I don't know if I can put CS3 Suite on a Mac using OS 12, will see and will let you know later!

Thanks again.

Christele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christele there is no need to install CS3.  You can use the serial number when prompted, after entering your CS5.5 serial number.  As John indicated in message #1 you are being asked for your eligible serial number.  Entering the full version serial will allow the licensing of Creative Suite 5.5 Web Premium to proceed.

Christele I would also recommend you register your Creative Suite 3 software if you have not done so already.  You can use the process discussed in Find your serial number to register the software on http://www.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just found out that my old Suite was a CS2 and found it in the list of products, so it works now, I can install it.

What a relief!

Thanks a lot for your concern and help.

Christele

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent Christele thanks for the update!

Please make sure to register your serial numbers on http://www.adobe.com/ if you have not done so already.  This will allow you to use the steps listed in Find your serial number if you need to locate your eligible serial numbers in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines