Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Get More Brushes" option missing?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've long been a user of Kyle T Webster's brushes and am excited that he's come on at Adobe. According to the blog, I can access his brushes by opening my brush panel and selecting "Get More Brushes" from the options Panel:

Photo4.png

However, my brush options panel doesn't have that option... I'm running the latest CC update. Am I missing something simple here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked that the system requirements are at minimum 10.11 (El Capitan) which is the reason I don't have that option in my brush panel either. Upgrading now to see if that fixes it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im running the latest Mac OS and have latest CC. I don't have the "get more brushes" options or any current brush that says "KYLE" in the name. I even created a new profile so i could delete and reload the built-in brush within photoshop and I still don't see anything related to "KYLE". I too would like some assistance in finding out what is different about my Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@onelargehead - are you running the latest version of CC (i.e. the version 19.0  released today)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to Help >System info click copy and paste info here

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Photoshop Version: 2017.0.0 20161012.r.53 2016/10/12:23:00:00 CL 1094006  x64

Number of Launches: 175

Operating System: Mac OS 10.11.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about PCs? I have apc and I only get a hand full of his brushes. The get more brushes button takes me the adobe splash page. That’s it! What’s going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get more brushes was only working in the US. Adobe are working to expand locales.

See thread for some workarounds

Cannot download Kyle Webster brushes

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We now have things in place so the menu command should work from non-US regions. The landing page with still be in English for now, but we will get localized pages in place as well.

The issue with the Edge browser still stands for now sorry if that is your default browser. You will land on the expected page from Photoshop, but downloading the brush files we still not work.

Sorry for the earlier trouble.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have the option to upgrade to 19.0. It only shows 18.1 for me. I've tried restarting.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the update for CC this morning, and that only has me at 18.1 as well. I don't see a 19 option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Check here and make sure your system fits the minimum requirements for the 19.0 update: Photoshop system requirements

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out it worked on my iMac which has a newer operating system. El Capitan. So time to upgrade my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you do meet the minimum requirements and are not seeing the option to upgrade, try signing out of your account and back in again using the CC desktop app (click on your profile pic at the top right). Then use it to check for upgrades

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I just ran the updater and there are no options for Photoshop upgrade just lightroom and speedgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is more than one version out of date. We have had CC 2017.1.1 and today CC2018  (V19.0 r.165)

Try signing out of your account using the CC Desktop app and then sign back in again. Then check for updates.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so I am a US domestic subscriber and I'm running into this exact problem. Did you ever find a reason why the menus were not showing the "get more Brushes" option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What OS version are you using? If you're machine doesn't meet the minimum requirements then you won't see the major version update.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

same problem!

I'm in Europa.
Latest CC (Photoshop 19.0 release) & latest OS (macOS High Sierra 10.13.1)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. 10.14.5 Mojave. I had the brushes yesterday. Now, after an update i dont. Very very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Sorry to hear the menu went missing. Was it a Ps update? What version is showing in the Help> System Info... dialog? Also, where are you located?

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines