Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

UI Bug in AE 15.0.0

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.PNG
Not sure how this one slipped past the testers. As you can see, the transform channels with multiple values overlap in the UI.

My machine is a Wacom MobileStudio Pro running windows 10.0.15063

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For troubleshooting, I've tried restarting, updating my GPU drivers, adjusting my screen scaling from everything from 100% to 300% (I normally have it at 150%). I don't have this problem in 14.2.1.34

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spacecat66,

Have you checked for the latest drivers? Drivers | Wacom

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello kulpreet,

I'm afraid it is not just Wacom machines. I'm on an HP Z640 Workstation running Windows 10 and XYZ values are overlapping.

UI XYZ Values.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, my tablet and system drivers are all up to date. Even if I force AE to use either the discreet or integrated GPU, there's no change in behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to file a bug report:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no option for version 15.0.0 in the bug report form yet. Where do I report that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacecat66  wrote

There's no option for version 15.0.0 in the bug report form yet. Where do I report that?

Good question.  I guess they weren't expecting any bugs.

I'll try to see if I can find out from a staff member.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spacecat66  wrote

Try it again.  The option for AE 15.0 is there:

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded PS, ID, Ai and LR as soon as the announcement came out.  The new brush in Ps is really cool.

On Pr and Ae, especially Pr, I've learned the hard way to not be cannon fodder.  My two cents is those two programs are best upgraded at the first or second point release, and never ever, ever, ever in the middle of a project.  They have to play well with so many different friends.  Me, I don't want disaster pounding on my door- which means I would be working for free, missing deadlines or billing for non-productive hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. My monitor is 2560x1440 and 150% UI scaling (Windows 10). With 100% and 200% UI scaling It's displayed fine. I don't have this problem in previous versions of AE.

AE UI bug.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've since discovered that it's due to screen scaling and adobe's new UI font. If you set the scaling to 100 or 200 before launching AE, there's no problem. If you launch AE with the scaling between 100 or 200, the problem persists when you change the scaling with AE running. Apparently Adobe is aware of the problem but couldn't address it before launch. I was told this will be fixed in the next patch.

The good news is that there's a workaround - set your scaling at 200%, launch AE, and then knock it back down to to your preferred scaling- the UI continues to display as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-1.jpg

Came here to report this as well. Thought I'd add my voice even though it's been pretty well covered already.

UHD monitor with scaling at 150%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the trouble caused, we are working on a fix.

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on when we can expect a fix? I see Photoshop had its first bug fix release for CC 2018 a couple weeks ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you people know that workaround is not a fix... This problem is now a month old and it should be solved by now.

Please do something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Our engineering guys are aware of this issue and they are working on a fix. I do not have an ETA for the updates, but you will get a notification once they are live. Thanks for your patience.

-Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Kulpreet. Working in software, I know bugs can sometimes be insidious and time-consuming to fix.

I'll keep squinting in the meantime. I think I'm getting better at reading the overlapping numbers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems odd how it isn't fixed yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The After Effects update that came out last night (might take up to 24 hours to propagate to Adobe's servers around the world) fixes this issue. (And several others - it also adds some new functionality.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines