• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Photoshop CC 2018 Install error

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On both my computers Photoshop CC 2018 installs but will not initialize.  The error message is simply: "could not initialize photoshop because of a disk error".

Tried starting holding down shift key, erasing preferences, etc.  Same error. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sajackson,

It seems to be an issue with the scratch disk selected in Photoshop.Since you've restored the Photoshop preferences and if that hasn't helped, Please refer this discussion Scratch disk full and cannot open photoshop to fix it...​ and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running WIN 7:  holding down the ctrl/alt keys does not bring up scratch disk preferences. Same error.  Also:  in Photoshop CC 2017, the first scratch disk selected has lots of room (900+GB) and is not particularly fragmented - so if it's using that preference, it should not be a problem.  Also tried disabling AV and safe mode.

No help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's now up to 8 others with the same problem, Adobe.

Any constructive suggestions at all?  Just wait for the next version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sajackson,

I would try uninstalling and running the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems) to make sure everything is clear, then reinstall the product once.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool has no option to just delete CC 2018.  I use PS on a daily basis for my work, and I cannot risk uninstalling CC 2017 and CC 2015.5.  I have no assurance that they will reinstall at this point.  I will wait until you release a version that runs on my hardware.  If 2018 is placed in the direct download location, I will try it again then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the direct download link, and an install from that.  No luck - got the same disk error message.  It gets to "initializing", thinks  for a few seconds, and then crashes with the disk error message.  No crash report generated, however - it never gets far enough "in" to create one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had an issue where I could not install Photoshop 32 Bit 2018 on a windows 7 box. The msi ran but after 5 mins would just crash out. Tried via SCCM got 1603 error. Tried running via script locally just crashed....tried manual install the same.....Worked on other devices........

Turns out this machine did not have SP1 installed...IT simple really isnt it!!!!

Once that was on Photoshop installed but would only run when Visual C++ 2015 was installed.

I appreciate the above is obvious but if it saves 1 person time and a headache then great!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, none of the above applies to my situation - sorry.  It may help someone, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here, with the following error code :

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_UNKNOWN" instruction="0x000007FECE418400">

Fresh install of Creative Cloud (and also new user), with a fresh installing of Photoshop CC 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

STILL unable to run PS CC 2018 - including the new ver. 19.1 just released.  Still "could not initialize photoshop because of a disk error".  Very frustrating not to be able to use the current version of what I am paying for.  Fortunately CC 2017 works fine (as does Bridge 2018 and the current Lightroom Classic).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines