• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uniform text distribution on circular path

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying to find the answer to this question on-and-off for awhile, and what I keep finding it essentially: 'eyeball' it'.  I'm curious if anyone knows of a built in way, or has a specific methodology they use, for evenly distributing text on a circular path.  I'm a Paintshop Pro convert, so I'm still trying to get the lay of the land with Photoshop.  I appreciate any help you fine folks might be willing to provide.

twitter_ava_soldiercide.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try choosing Optical in the Character panel. But as you've noticed, when text is on a path, the standard kerning and tracking values don't work as well, so most people usually end up tweaking the text a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Start at the centre top or bottom and use the centre text alignment in the options bar

Note the "or bottom" text is on a separate layer with the cursor started at the bottom centre and also has baseline shift after flipping to move it out of the circle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines