• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio and Video Sync Problem after Update to Premiere 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I updated my Adobe Premiere Pro CC to 2018 today and now each project that I open the audio/video isn't perfectly synched on footage. I know they were in the past. I tried starting a brand new project and importing some fresh footage and the problem still existed.

This is from a .mts file, I haven't had time to try other types yet. I do know the audio/video is synched fine when playing in VLC or Windows Media Player. From what I can tell, all sound is about 5-10 frames late.

I've restarted my computer and made sure Windows is up to date. Other suggestions?

Windows 10, 64-Bit. 32gig of ram. Xeon processors. It's a pretty good machine and never had a problem editing before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

I've been fighting this problem for months and the solution honestly makes me feel a little embarrassed.  Its such a basic thing that I never knew.    I've been copying the MTS files directly from SD card to hard-drive without including the encapsulating Private & Stream folders.  The Private and Stream folders are a requirement for a proper import.  I used the media browser to drill down to 00000.MTS and pulled it directly into the sequence.  The file structure is what lets premiere know that y

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add, I updated my laptop to Adobe CC 2018 and having the same issue. Completely different hardware and a different project. I opened the project, it prompted that it had to make it a new version, hit OK, and all .mts footage seems to have an audio sync problem. Off by less than a second but still.

Both computers were fine with the same footage on the 2017 version.

Doesn't matter if I'm playing the footage in the preview or sequence window. The problem also still exists after rendering/exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further information. The audio problem seems to only be tied to .mts files where the entire folder structure wasn't copied over. Even though these same files played fine before updating. If I record fresh footage and copy the entire folder structure before importing, all seems well.

So I thought, well then I'll just use Premiere 2017 for my old projects. BUT when I go back into Adobe 2017 and try to play .mts files that were perfectly fine before, it first warns me it needs to install Dolby codecs. I hit OK, wait until it goes away, try to play the file and there is NO AUDIO at all. I rebooted, it prompted me for the Dolby codec again. Hit OK, nothing.

Please, does anyone have advice? Right now I have no good way to edit my old projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further info, I've tried re-encoding the .mts files I have with Adobe Media Encoder and the end result is the same - audio is delayed. That's in Media Encoder 2018.

Trying to encode with Media Encoder 2017 I get no audio at all.

This tells me it's a problem with all adobe software, not just premiere. I'd love any suggestions or advice. An update from Adobe to resolve this problem would be even better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to continue documenting here in case it helps someone. I've used HandBrake to re-encode the .mts files to .mp4 files with a bunch of various settings - different video and audio codecs, different frame rates, variable/constant, different audio sample rates.

In every case, the video plays fine in VLC or Windows Media Player. When I import those files into Premiere, audio/video sync is off again. This is really frustrating because I can't find a single way to take these old .mts files and get them into Premiere. Meanwhile, other random videos I have of the same file type seem to import and play fine.

I can't find a pattern. I'm stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've started to use "Wondershare Ultimate" to convert the MTS files to MP4 then import those to Adobe PP.  After the next few projects I'll be looking for another editing system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 Premiere audio bugs

I have similar issue. I open my project and audio on some clips is about 30 frames off sync. Plus when Export about 2 h multi camera movie to Vimeo mp4 settings via Encoder about half of the exported movie have weird audio. Besides 2018 version has too small text sizes on timeline clips. Please make it scalable like in project window (I don't use 4k display only 3440x1440).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution for now: Don't use cc 2018 until this is resolved. Adobe doesn't make it that easy to go back to previous versions, and their Creative Cloud utility app that hangs out in my menubar won't allow me to install cc 2017, it doesn't show up as an option. However, there is a little known area to download 2017 from Adobe, Download Creative Cloud apps 

you should log in to Adobe first, then go to this link, then download the installers for your OS. However, I found these latest Premiere Pro and Media encoder installs don't seem to have dynamic linking enabled to see each other. I thought I was all set to go with Premiere Pro cc 2017.1.2 and AME 2017.1.2 but for whatever reason, when I try to queue from Premiere Pro to AME I get a message saying AME isn't installed. Tried to create a workaround by looking into what files etc make the dynamic linking but then this started to become a programming task and I don't have time for that, and didn't find a good way, so for now I'm just encoding straight out of PPro 2017 without queuing, or dragging sequences from PPro to AME and this actually works ok. But again, Adobe didn't test their downloads to work together, something in their installer isn't properly installing the dynamic linking between these 2 'paired' apps. Jeez! But for now I'm working. Thanks Adobe for wasting another big chunk of my life to deal with your buggy software. Can't wait to learn enough on FCPX or DaVinci Resolve 14 (I'm an owner of both) so I can be more creative with my NLE life instead of spending 1/2 of it dealing with these boneheaded bugs. (Steam rising from my head - LOL)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm out of the office and will be slow to respond.

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open a project that you were working on Premiere 2018 on Premiere 2017 if I install it using the link you provided? I guess I will try and post the results here. thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On one project that only Mulit-camera clips are out of sync, while original files in this project are fine. However in other project it is not the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured I'd add to this. I'm using .mts files, and regardless of everything I have tried, files' audio isn't just off, but completely wrong; the files I play actually utilize audio from other .mts files elsewhere in the project.

Has anyone tried to reencode as a .MOV file or otherwise? I figured this might help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DavidC,

My problem, like yours, is with .mts files. My .mts files show up in Premiere 2018 without any audio attached to them.  I had trouble converting to .mov or .mp4 files (Adobe Media Encoder didn't recognize .mts files to begin with, so I couldn't convert that way).

What's more, QuickTime Player now will not recognize the .mts files.  I used to be able to double-click an AVCHD file and double-click on one of the clips that opens in the QT window, and it would play.  But now I'm getting this message when I double-click the clip: "The document “BDMV” could not be opened."  Are you still able to play the AVCHD files in QuickTime Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't say that I've had the same probem with QuickTime player. I know that if you right click the AVCHD files and select "Show Package Contents", and then do the same thing with the BDMV file, you can see the straight .mts files under a "Stream" folder (I shoot with a Sony A7, I know that later models have a slightly different file system).

Once I'm with the .mts files I normally just hit the preview key which is the space bar. Saves time and also it's almost always foolproof. I think I'm just going to move back to the previous version of Premiere. Too bad they were trying to fix what wasn't broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in 2017. Last week my videos were fine. Was out of the office for several days, came back in, opened my project & now the audio is out of sync with the video. Video was imported with the sound! One segment there are strange markings in the audio - like green & white stripes. HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys,

I too have made the mistake of upgrading from a working 2017 to now an out of sync 2018. I noticed too that the Media encoder has updated to 2018.

Trying to remove all and locate the 2017 and hopefully get going again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI Work around for me at least.  (you can use the drop downs in creative cloud and install prior versions) but since since my posts are stored elsewhere and compressed old stuff is not a problem, so staying with PR cc 2018 until they fix is not an issue.  I just used Handbrake and re compressed new content with fixed frame rate 29.97 for short videos. If you have a lot of work archived then probably not too efficient, but emergency hack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondershare Ultimate is what I've been using to convert to MP4.  So far that has been working.  It's just an additional time consuming step I would rather not perform and should't have to do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with .mts files not being in sync. i took footage straight from AVCHD and the audio and video are out of sync. Because I've had problems with them getting out of sync before I took the raw footage and rendered and now I'm working from the .mov file and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a change with 2018.

Changes to Dolby Decoding and Encoding Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand there was a change, yes. And it's very likely the change is what caused my problem. What I can't figure out is how to fix or work around the problem.

I'm already on Windows 10. I tried installing the media package they recommend. No difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if having 2018 installed is interfering with the installation of the Dolby codec.

Even if you got it working again in 2017, though, you would have to find a way to get it working in 2018.  Either that, or buy a new camera.

I'll take a look at some of my older media shot using Dolby, see if I can figure something out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Best,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines