• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CD Burning Without Resetting Time

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know of a way to burn a CD in Audition, without resetting the Track time to 0:00?

We sometimes burn test discs for review and it is very cumbersome to say for example there needs to be a fix on Track 5 at 1:26 seconds. Well to find that I need to find the track in the full audio file, then select out to 1:26 seconds. I would be much easier to say, Track 5, 26:26 into the program. Is this possible?

Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a CD limitation - you can't alter anything in this about Audition at all, although for test discs there's a sneaky way around it...

The problem with most CD players is that the 'time' display button gives you every option to display the time, except the one you really want. Mine quite annoyingly gives you a run-down of total CD time starting with a minus number and counts down to zero. How useful is that? Other than that it's track times which, as you say, can be a bit of a pain to relate back to the original file.

The sneaky way around it is to have all the tracks as breaks in the file, but not to record these tracks to the CD. So what you are doing is creating the entire CD with just one track. Whoever is listening to it then has little option but to give you an elapsed time that you can easily relate to. No it's not perfect, but it's the only thing you can do, as far as I'm aware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines