Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CANT error on start-up; old AI CC2017 folder still in applications

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just upgraded to Illustrator CC 2018. Whenever I click to start up the application I get a CANT error (see 1st image below). However after clicking the "ok" button, illustrator gives me the minimal toolbar (see 2nd image below) and everything appears to be working fine.

Any ideas what might be causing this??? I do still have the Adobe Illustrator CC 2017 folder in my applications that seems to have held over a 3D Maxxon/Cineware plugin extension. I'm wondering if maybe that could somehow be setting off this error box, although Illustrator itself seems to be ok.

I'm totally fine with deleting the plugin. But is it ok to just drag it into the trash?

Thanks for any input!!!!

Image 1

Image 2 - after clicking on "ok" illustrator seems ok and give me this. I'm free to make a new project (file>new) and things seem to be saving ok too.

Image 3 in applications; only a 3D plug-in with the associated Cineware For Illustrator files is still there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same issue. I deleted old folders with plugins etc. (not sure if that made any difference), de-installed Illustrator via the CC control app and restarted my computer. Then I reinstalled Illustrator and finally it worked the way it should. Presumably it’s really something with old settings or presets… (?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines