• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems Following CC Upgrade

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I, like millions of others, received notification of upgrade of about half a dozen Adobe CC programs this morning.  So I brought up Adobe Creative Cloud and began the upgrades.

Perhaps I should have proceeded in a particular order, however I didn't see any warning to that effect.  Anyhow, all programs are in place and they seem to be working okay.  However, there are a few superficial problems I'd like advice on.

My setup here is 64 bit Windows 10 Creator's Update.  First, I received an update for both Lightroom CC and an install of Lightroom Classic CC.  I installed both.  The instructions said the "older" version of Lightroom CC would be deleted.  It wasn't.  So, can I safely use Adobe Creative Cloud to delete Lightroom CC?  I have two icons on my desktop, one for each version.

Secondly, I had icons for three my CC apps pinned to my taskbar, Bridge, Photoshop and Lightroom.  When the Adobe upgrade was finished, my old icons on the taskbar no longer functioned, nor were there any icons on my desktop for Bridge or Photoshop.  So the only way I can start those two programs is through my Adobe Creative Cloud app.  Could someone kindly tell me where the Photoshop CC and Bridge CC 2018 executables reside so I can pin them to the taskbar.  Again I am running a 64 bit system.

I am going to eliminate the part where I criticize Adobe for getting me into this bind because I realize they have many different types of installations to deal with.  Isn't that nice of me?

Gerry

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your understanding!

Lightroom CC is a unique case this time around. New product (Lightroom CC) is taking the name of an old product while the old Lightroom is being renamed to "Lightroom Classic CC". Both these products will co-exist.

We encourage to launch all Creative Cloud products from desktop app itself. However if you are looking for executables to create Desktop shortcuts, you can find all Adobe products residing in C:\Program Files\Adobe.

Regards

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gerry,

Thanks for your understanding!

Lightroom CC is a unique case this time around. New product (Lightroom CC) is taking the name of an old product while the old Lightroom is being renamed to "Lightroom Classic CC". Both these products will co-exist.

We encourage to launch all Creative Cloud products from desktop app itself. However if you are looking for executables to create Desktop shortcuts, you can find all Adobe products residing in C:\Program Files\Adobe.

Regards

Cherishy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cherishy, everything is back in order now.

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I have a MacBook Pro and iMac and iPad Pro and everything with regards to Lightroom and Photoshop was a mess.... my Photoshop has lost all actions and I had to reset it to my profile and the same with Lightroom Classic..... no presets..... any advice helpful before I go nuts..... I called adobe and was on hold for 45 mins! disgusted - I am a photographer and this has had serious impact on my business..... If anyone can offer advice/ answers/ help it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Jacqueline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines