• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copy a whole project

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2008 Jun 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to Copy a whole project, since application A is similar to B, and could just edit the project/topics I have already written. In Word I would just make a copy of the file and start in on it. But my initial Webhelp project contains about a zillion files. Is there a straightforward way to do this.

I am working in Webhelp on a Vista michine

- Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply make a copy as you normally would anything else (click and drag the folder in Windows Explorer?).

When you open the project, you can select File > Rename Project, if renaming is necessary. Then open your layout properties to modify all your path locations for the generating and publishing of this [new] project's output.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2008 Jun 13, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Worked like a charm - thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the apps in question are so similar, I would consider using conditional build tags to differentiate content for each app, and then using build expressions to generate help systems for both apps from a single project. might help you avoid duplicate effort.

just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp