8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2017 1:32 PM by Jim_B

Latest new CC apps - what is going on with naming/versioning?

blakeg26903965 Level 1

Hi,

On opening Adobe CC system tray app in Windows 7 today I am seeing apps "doubled" up - those with "2017" suffixes and those without, both of which have "Update" as the primary action. Confused so far? Read on..

AdobeCC_Apps.png

After choosing to update these apps I now get, for example, two versions of Photoshop listed in Windows:

Windows7_AdobeCC_Photoshop.png

The "2018" version name doesn't match what was listed in the Adobe CC update window (which was presumably the non-2017 suffixed version), or the product name/version information displayed in the splash screens or Help > About dialogs. I can run both 2017 and 2018 versions, but not at the same time. Comparison of Splash/About menus below.

Photoshop 2017 Splash screen:

AdobeCC_Photoshop2017_SplashScreen.png

Photoshop 2018 Splash screen:

AdobeCC_Photoshop2018_SplashScreen.png

Photoshop 2017 Help > About dialog:

AdobeCC_Photoshop2017_HelpAbout.png

Photoshop 2018 Help > About dialog:

AdobeCC_Photoshop2018_HelpAbout.png

On the Adobe Photoshop "Features" page the product name on your timeline for October 18th 2017 omits any version information at all, compared to previous timeline versions, e.g. Photoshop CC (2017.0.1):

Photoshop CC new features | More library asset support

Retaining old versions and installing new ones wasn't mentioned in the Adobe email announcing the new apps, or the click-through page (Latest Creative Cloud version | Adobe Creative Cloud features), so all a bit confusing.

Thanks,

Blake