• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Clip not compatible with Note 8 Android 7.1.1?

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Premiere Clip not compatible with Galaxy Note 8 running Android 7.1.1?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Hi Tom,

We're looking into this. There seems to be an issue with certain Android devices where the pixel densities (HDPI) is not compatible.

Sorry for the troubles. Hope to know more soon.

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

We're looking into this. There seems to be an issue with certain Android devices where the pixel densities (HDPI) is not compatible.

Sorry for the troubles. Hope to know more soon.

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey any update? i have been unable to download clip for a long while now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I too would like to know if there's been any progress in getting this compatible with the Note 8.  I was using Clip on my Note 3 and found it really useful for putting together a rough cuts before I jumped into Premier Pro.  I've got a Note 8 now and would love to continue using this app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amman and Rhys,

I don't have much more to report other than we're still investigating and hope to get this fixed for you guys. I'll post as soon as I know more. Thanks for your patience.

Peter Garaway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a way to download the apk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that you guys are looking into but hopefully there will be an update soon. Adobe Photoshop fix also says it's not compatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the latest on Premiere Clip?  Been few months figuring out pixel densities. Any progress? I too have a Note 8.  Please update us either way. Thanks!

Zack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Zack,

Unfortunately, I don't have a date on when this issue will be addressed but it is being looked into.  

Sorry, I don't have more detail to give. I'll report back once I have something worth reporting and also feel free to keep checking in

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they still working on this .....months after being made aware of this issue on one of the top, most powerful phones on the market today?

seems to be a very strange oversight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tom,

We updated the app. Please let us know if you continue to have install issues.

Thanks again for your patience.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still says incompatible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see Premiere clip listed at all in your app section.  And when I do a traditional Google search I find the app but it says it's still incompatible. Hopefully this is because the update is maybe being rolled out in stages or slowly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are still getting this checked.

Appreciate your patience!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! 

I was able to install Premiere Clip on my Note 8 by downloading the APKPure app, then installing it from there instead of going through the Google Play store. 

It's the latest version (1.1.3.1230), and so far it's working flawlessly. 

Adobe,

Is there something that may need to be updated with Google Play on your end that would allow Note 8 users to download/install from the Play store? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its not really solved if we cant get it from the playstore is it? apkmirror is also a reliable site. I am surprised adobe hasnt managed to fix this yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, same here, with samsung galaxy tab A6 2016 (model SM-T585).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, it's been a really long time since you guys are "looking into" this issue, and since then even the Note 9 came out and the App is still not compatible. I thought that Adobe is the company that provides the creators the best tools to create. I upgraded to create more and now I'm held back because of software issues. Please help out the creators and fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's NOT solved yet... But here you go guys, check out the video that tells you exactly how to go through this issue. Please leave a like or subscribe   How to install Premiere Clip on Note 9 ?! - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@American Goulash

You are a champion! Thank you for providing the help that Adobe can't seem to provide lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are really welcome! Can you still leave me like a short comment under the video? I really appreciate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey this was annouced a issue January of this year. And there is still no resolution. That's not good at all, almost 10 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just check out my youtube video above, I explain how can you install Photoshop or the Premiere to your Note 9. Please leave me a like and a comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue on the Galaxy S10+. I'm trying the screen in different modes, but it would be nice if it worked with all resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines