0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2017 1:39 PM by waynel36328114

Combine 2 Text fields and Checkbox Value then populate within text field

waynel36328114

Hello!

I am trying to combine two text fields and a check box value into a line of its own within a text field. 

Clients are able to select one of 7 color options (Check Box1), 1 of 200 text options (Message Number_01) and the location (Location01) for 1 complete product.  There are 81 total products. I need these options for each product to populate on a summary page within a text field with the "Off" on the check box to remove that line. Each of these three options should concatenate onto one line

Example:

PP012 Pink Message # 101 (25)

PP058 Green Message # 25 (Wall 3)

Here is the basic script I was trying to use:

// Get the field values, as strings

var s1 = getField("Check Box1").valueAsString + " " + "Message #" + getField("Message Number_01").valueAsString + "Location" + getField("Location01").valueAsString;

var s2 = getField("Check Box2").valueAsString + " " + "Message #" + getField("Message Number_02").valueAsString + "Location" + getField("Location02").valueAsString;

// array of field names to process;

var aFieldNames = new Array(s1, s2);

// array for non-"Off" values;

var aValues = new Array();

// loop through the fields and add the non-"Off" filed values to the array;

for(var i = 0; i < aFieldNames.length; i++) {

if(this.getField(aFieldNames[i]).valueAsString != "Off") aValues.push(this.getField(aFieldNames[i]).valueAsString);

} // end loop processing field values;

// set the value of the text field to the concatenated non-"Off" field values;

event.value = aValues.join("\n");

Thanks!