• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2018 starts infinitely crashing once you paste Mocha Pro Shape data to the clipboard

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated thinking my simple Mocha Pro project should be fine... but whenever I'm in the Mocha Pro interface and track a mask and then copy that shape data to the clipboard, as soon as I close the interface and am back in AE, without doing anything (not even time enough to paste the data as a Mocha mask), the program shuts off with a big error window.

Then even if I simply try to open the app without selecting the project that crashed, as in, try to open a new blank project, it crashes immediately after loading.

I had to restart to be able to run AE again.

(partial) Error message below:

Process:               After Effects [2618]

Path:                  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Adobe After Effects CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Identifier:            com.adobe.AfterEffects

Version:               15.0 (15.0)

Code Type:             X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process:        ??? [1]

Responsible:           After Effects [2618]

User ID:               501

Date/Time:             2017-10-19 20:10:50.173 -0400

OS Version:            Mac OS X 10.12.6 (16G29)

Report Version:        12

Anonymous UUID:        77E7E006-D5B0-898E-4D19-0ECB05B538E8

Time Awake Since Boot: 1200 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:        0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11

Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb

Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0:

-->

__TEXT                 0000000106be0000-0000000106be7000 [   28K] r-x/rwx SM=COW  /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2018/Adobe After Effects CC 2018.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

0   BEE.dylib                     0x00000001084b3740 std::__1::enable_if<__is_forward_iterator<std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char*> >::value, std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char*> >::type std::__1::basic_string<unsigned char, std::__1::char_traits<unsigned char>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned char> >::insert<std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char*> >(std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char const*>, std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char*>, std::__1::__wrap_iter<unsigned char*>) + 1072

1   BEE.dylib                     0x00000001084ace43 BEEp_ConvertKeyframeScrap(short, std::__1::basic_string<unsigned short, std::__1::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> > const&) + 9075

2   BEE.dylib                     0x00000001084afe61 BEE_ConvertScrapFromPublic(short, dvaui::datatransfer::OS_ReceiveDataBase*, std::__1::basic_string<unsigned short, std::__1::char_traits<unsigned short>, dvacore::utility::SmallBlockAllocator::STLAllocator<unsigned short> >) + 545

3   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x0000000107472cb4 CEggApp::ParseClipboard(unsigned char) + 1412

4   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x000000010747ad9e CEggApp::DoCommand(int) + 8446

5   com.adobe.AfterEffectsLib.framework 0x00000001075fc5ae CDirTabPanel::DoCommand(int) + 206

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

According to mocha Pro spec, it supports Adobe CC2014 - CC2017. It would be better to contact Boris FX support team directly.

https://borisfx.com/products/mocha/#specs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, the new Adobe After Effects CC 2018 release causes a crash when you copy Mocha shape data to clipboard, than go back to AE.  This is happens with all versions of Mocha.

This crash issue only occurs with "Mocha shape data" on the clip board, not tracking data which does work properly from Mocha AE and Mocha Pro.

The workaround: If you own Mocha Pro and want to convert Mocha shape data to AE masks, do not use the clipboard. Use the "Convert AE Masks" button found on the Mocha Pro plug-in interface.

If you do not own Mocha Pro and wish to use Mocha AE for masking, you will need to go back to CC 2017 until Adobe fixes this issue.

The Adobe AE team and Mocha team are in touch and aware of the issue. Sorry for any inconvenience.

- Mocha Team at Boris FX

https://borisfx.com/products/mocha/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was always using the "export shape data" button on the mocha interface in each instance when AE crashed. I'm not familiar with a "convert AE masks" button. Where is that?

Screenshot 2017-10-24 16.46.02.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the same issue. My clunky workaround is to install an older After Effects, then output a luma mask, then bring that into the new After Effects.

What is this Mocha Plugin Convert AE Masks button you speak of???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

workarounds for this issue you might consider:

Re: After Effects crash when coppied shape mask data from Mocha AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anybody know when the fix will be available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crickets chirping. still waiting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The After Effects update that came out last night (might take up to 24 hours to propagate to Adobe's servers around the world) fixes this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines