• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New LR Classic CC keeps crashing

Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have just updated to the latest version of LR and installation and new catalog creation went without any problems. However, after opening LR and trying to work on a photo the software keeps crashing and every time a crash report is issued to Adobe. Here is what the last crash report looks like:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE AdobeCrashReport SYSTEM "AdobeCrashReporter.dtd">

<crashreport serviceVersion="1.5.3" clientVersion="1.5.3" applicationName="Adobe Lightroom Classic" applicationVersion="7.0" build="[1140024]">

<time year="2017" month="10" day="19" hour="14" minute="50" second="9"/>

<user guid="ce3091f6-8c3c-4b25-9eb9-4e6cd270e7a4"/>

<system platform="Windows 10 Home" osversion="10.0" osbuild="15063" applicationlanguage="en-us" userlanguage="en-CA" oslanguage="en-CA" ram="8075" machine="Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz" model="Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3" cpuCount="8" cpuType="8664" cpuFreq="2394 MHz"/>

<crash exception="EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FFC085E026F">

<backtrace crashedThread="0">

<thread index="0">

None of this means anything to me and I don't get any other fault notification.

Once the crash report is sent, LR shuts down.

I am on a ASUS-N550 running Windows 10 Home Version 1703, OS Build 15063.674 64 bit.

If this does not get resolved soon I will have to uninstall this version and go back to the older version.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same on my mac.

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac15,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 8 MB

Memory: 32 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I unchecked the "GPU" option in the Preferences and thought that worked, until just now when I applied a preset and then went to undo the move, at which point LR crashed yet again!

I would love for a Staffer to tell me what is going on and how to fix this as it is seriously hampering my work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... Once Lightroom classic opens and loads, when I try to do anything, it just cuts off... the crash report isn't even opening for mine. I even tried uninstalling it, shutting down my mac, and restarting it and reinstalling it but that still didn't fix the issue. I tried multiple catalogs and none would work. I would love for Adobe to help in any way. I have photos I need to export for clients and the new Lightroom CC doesn't have any of my presets or really many options for exporting out of it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic CC crashed on my iMac too. The crashed occurred while downloading images from the camera. 

And it deleted the entire folder & previously downloaded images which were in that folder.

This is a suicidal issue for a professional photographer.

Urgent fix required!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoa that's super bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine doesn't even crash officially.

It just stops. Sometimes I can change between photos, but cannot do anything else.

And when I can use it it is slooooooow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! I tried adding pictures from my external hard drive and from the memory card, but it crashes right after hitting import. This is slowing me down for sure. Urgent FIX needed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening to me. Just opened an existing catalogue that was updated to Classic CC and I am unable to upload any images. The program crashes every time I try and it deleted an entire folder of images from my memory card. I just lost a 5 hour shoot that is irreplaceable. Holy Crap! Adobe needs to help immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening to me. I updated last week because I thought it would make the program faster as they advertised but it hasn't. It has just been crashing during random tasks. Sometimes it crashes on import, sometimes on export, sometimes while I'm working.. So frustrating!! ADOBE please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, there are a tone of issues with LR classic CC.

1. Random crashes

2. Slow to operate

3. Images does not load & have to relaunch LR a number of times for the images to appear. See attached screenshot.

4. Plus, sometimes the presets or cut/past does not work. 

What are we paying for here??? Looks like you've provided us a trial application, for us guinea-pigs to test.

Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 10.38.36 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unusable, to be honest...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we, your PAYING customers, now nothing more than BETA testers? You are better than M****So** or so I thought.

Get it together and make the product work BEFORE you sell it to us! This is dire! Costing me money!!

Constant crashes every time I access a smart collection or try to apply a filter or....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neilrsr,

I have made some recommendations on your separate post. You might take a look there and see if you can provide the information requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. I've done beta testing before and was ALWAYS compensated. Having end users as beta testers is a poor move for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's extremely annoying and time consuming

I've got a fairly new Windows computer, 32mb of RAM, 64-bit, plenty of room ... and still exporting is a chore, sometimes have to do it more than once ... because it fails mid-way through renaming or converting to DNG, and I'm lucky if I don't have it crash several times in one session

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Same here. Lightroom Classic crashes all the time and even crashes my entire Mac!!! I have sent numerous reports to Adobe and even spent more than 2h on the phone with them. They said they will call and solve the issue within a max of 48h...it has been a week...still no news!!! THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!! I want to be reimbursed for the time Lightroom has been unusable!!!

Does anyone know any alternative software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1.  Crashes on sync.  Disabling GPU/moving catalog does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, me too on Windows 10.

It coincided with building a new PC with an Asus Maximus Hero IX mobo and GeForce GTX 1060  6GB, so I assumed that it might be a problem here.

Obviously not.

Lightroom CC Classic is so unstable that it's crashing every minute or so:  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" instruction="0x00007FFFDC7D434B".

It's currently unusable.

As a busy photographer, I'm finding this extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was a new update for Lightroom Classic yesterday so I updated HOPING it would have fixed this issue. However, today it crashed while I was trying to crop an image. REALLY?

Why is this still an issue Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean install and the crash stopped. It also coincided with Premiere Pro CS6 start-up problems. Reinstalling both resolved alll issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe  Staff, it's been months now, this is such a crucial issue, are you at sleep?

Lightroom Classic CC crashes without fail, every single time photos are imported. The crashes usually occurs at the second import. Meaning: I have 2 camera that I photograph with. import from first camera works fine, & import from second camera crashes every single time. I've tried switching the order, cameras & memory cards to make sure that fault is not with them... After all the original Lightroom did not crash like this, therefore this is 100% a new Lightroom Classic CC issue.

Wake up! & fix this issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aude.au  wrote

Adobe  Staff, it's been months now, this is such a crucial issue, are you at sleep?

We are not Adobe staff in this forum, we are just Lightroom users. We cannot fix these problems. The few Adobe staff that visit this forum and for tech support, and they have no role in fixing the code.

I suggest you (politely) address your concerns to the proper forum, where Adobe staff who may be able to actually change the code participate: Lightroom Classic CC | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here with me..

can we go back to the prior version without potential problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can go back to the previous version. Check in the Creative Cloud app update screen for the downward pointing chevron in the particular app you are interested in. When you click that, you will get a list of earlier apps to install. For LR, be sure to use the catalog you were using with that version.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines