• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Document jumps to middle point while editing in photoshop cc in full screen mode

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When in fullscreen mode, the document jumps to the middle point of the screen after any other action (clicking, changing tools, changing layers.

It is so annoying and just ruins my working process.

Anyone with a sollution? Please help?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paulj,

Could you please let us know which version of Photoshop are you using and on which operating system?

Is this issue happening with 1 file or multiple files?

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It happens whenever you click on a layer. Doesn’t matter what kind or which.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there I am having this issue too. I use a decent size screen and rarely wish to edit in the centre of the monitor as I have tools on the right hand side. As soon as I zoom in or out (or as other suggest click on another layer) the image snaps to the centre of the screen. This is irritating as you can imagine. I hope it's a bug and not a new feature we are stuck with.

Another glitch that I simply cannot live with is the way that the pen tool now displays. It is very 'flickery'. I use rubber band mode, and have the 'Use Graphics Processor' option ticked. Does anyone else experience this? As I click and move the cursor to the next point the line displayed flickers badly - Almost like an aliasing issue...

I'm using a Mac running Sierra 10.12.6 32GB Ram and a 4GB graphics card. No issues with previous photoshop install. Thanks Scott.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the newest version PS2018.

I'm working on Mac OS Sierra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem -- Document jumps to the middle point while editing in PS CC 2018 in full screen mode. I'm on an iMac 2017 running 10.12.6 Sierra. It's quite different than a snap to problem.

How do I turn off jumping to the middle of the screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on mac OS 10.12.6 (Sierra) and Photoshop CC 2018 and have the same problem. Any update on when this'll be fixed? It's SUPER annoying and very disruptive to my workflow. I'm on a 27" cintiq and to have the image jump right as I click to paint a stroke puts my mark in a completely different, and unintended, part of the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This annoying quirk is happening to me as well. In full screen with menu bar, I use the space bar to navigate to a particular part of my file to work on it, then if I click on any other layer, it decides it should snap back to it's center position. Highly disruptive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this bug being dealt with?   It is very disruptive.  CC18 is a great update otherwise (the smooth brushes are fantastic) so I don't want to go back to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is honestly driving me crazy !!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dissapointed today's P'shop 2018 update does not fix this problem. Or maybe it has on other systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have/had the same problem. Switching on the Application Frame under Windows menu solved the issue (although I prefer working with floating windows).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a mac and the workaround is to use the full screen mode. I prefer to have the menu bar available permenantly so not ideal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm, interesting. I'm also on a mac and it only happens to me when I'm in full screen mode. I split my time between working in full screen mode and standard screen mode depending on what part of the process I'm in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the three modes  (standard screen, full screen with menu bar, and full screen) the buggy behaviour happens in 'full screen with menu bar' on my mac.  I use 'full screen' and hit tab to bring up the tools as a work around (doesn't bring back the menu bar unfortunately).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem starts with the CC18 update in the same way on two different workstations i work on.

did you guys use an wacom board ?

in fact other members from my team didn´t have the problem but they didnt use any wacom board.

btw i am on a mac 4.1 (el capitan)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happening here in Full Screen Mode with Toolbar. I'm using a Cintique 24" Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3. Photoshop CC 2018. Super Annoying - to the point where I will only work in CC 2017 until it gets fixed. The other two Photoshop users in my group have exact same problem. They use Wacom tablets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another "solution" to get rid of this pain is to activate/reactivate the programm frame (menu->window/programm frame)

but it´s like working fullframe whithout menu bar just an emergence fix

(please XQ my writing)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still happening for me (I had the same question / issue as and when this thread was started nearly 2 months ago).

It is extremely frustrating not being able to work in Photoshop with full screen mode (with menu bar), it repeatedly jumps back to the middle anytime I do anything. (latest Photoshop CC 2018, new iMac, whopper specs, OS 10.13.1 etc etc)

How is there not a solution to this by now? Any help at all here Adobe? Thanks (very frustrated)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ji Pauli, did you find any solution? Absolutely not possible to work..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Impossible to work on a zoomed document like this. It started when I updated to PS CC 2018. I'm on OSX El Capitan 10.11.6

Adobe is the worst at rolling out updates without breaking its programs, I should have waited longer to install it but I wanted the brush manager...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been fixed for me. At least, its no longer happening! Updated to latest Photoshop CC 19.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I made the work-around so part of my process that I didn't notice they fixed it! what a relief. Thanks for the headsup Spino

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines