Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC 2018 - Bug in line spacing

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a problem white line spacing parameter.

When I try to change it manually (insert 100px for example) I can't make this action.

Watch the video for example.

This is very strange.

Do you have this same problem ?

I've try to uninstall and reinstall but I've the same bug.

Thank you for your answer.

Michael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Hi

It looks like you may have the same problem as in this thread. It affects text that has been transformed:

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

If so, it is a bug that has been acknowledged and the following workaround should get you going.

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discover the same. It  works ok when you have selected non text layer but when you try to write numbers or drag the slider with your layer text highlightes or when editing text its just going crazy! NOT COOL!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello AgataKopff,

I'm happy to see that i'm not alone

Wait and see an answer of Adobe moderator ?

Thank you for your answer.
Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It looks like you may have the same problem as in this thread. It affects text that has been transformed:

Photoshop CC 2018 - line spacing tool failoure

If so, it is a bug that has been acknowledged and the following workaround should get you going.

a. Enter the leading value in the Properties panel.

b. When you hit enter the value in the properties panel box will change to something different (that is a bug) but will now show correctly in the Character panel

c. The value applied to the text will be the same as you entered and now shown in the character panel

Note : The workaround does not work backwards - you must enter in the properties box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Davescm,

perfect, it's a strange bug but this solution works

Thank you very much for your answer and solution.

Have a nice day.

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - hopefully it will get a proper fix sooner rather than later

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have the same problem here. Does Adobe have some update, patch or fix for this? I use Photoshop everyday, this is becoming annoying and very frustrating. Come on, guys, we pay for this tool and we deserve some care about this issue.

For now, I'll continue using the properties panel instead of character panel, this is working for me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug is really annoying! Please fix it

...Also the space bar hand shortcut seems to work whenever it wants.

This has to be the best adobe update ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue - please fix it so we don't have to use the workaround, it is super annoying. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Man,

Thank you for your reply. Since you seem to know what's going on, how does Adobe usually deal with this sort of issues? This is the first time I'm coming across bugs like this from Adobe. Do they release an update that fixes this bugs or will there be a patch released or what's going happen?

Would highly appreciate if you shed some light on what should we expect.

Much respect

Thanks Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I simply fail to see how a company as large as Adobe who deals with professional software that has a majority market share in the industry allows such a basic obvious problem to go out to millions of clients. This is not the first time and it won't be the last.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the buggiest version of Illustrator I've ever worked with. That's in almost 20 year.

Mine shows disastrous bugs in text editing and object selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. I feel like ever since they moved to rolling updates on cloud, they have gotten very lazy in catching very obvious and frustrating bugs.

I feel like each big version release prior to cloud was much better at quality control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorge.Preciado  wrote

This is the buggiest version of Illustrator I've ever worked with. ......

This is the Photoshop forum

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad.
Still, damn buggy illustrator man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

Une autre solution qui fonctionne et qui peut être plus pratique :

• au lieu de choisir l'outil texte + cliquer puis commencer à écrire,
  • utiliser l'outil Texte pour créer une zone de texte (clic puis glisser pour dessiner un rectangle puis relacher le clic), et avec ceci l'interlignage fonctionne de nouveau.

Hello, an alternative that works and which may be more convenient :

• rather than choose the text tool + click and then start writing.
  • use the text tool to create a text box (click and drag to draw a rectangle and then release the click), and with this spacing works again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does it. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not understand your solution.

Fix bugs,

Please explain in a video.

It's a very deadly bug.

disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Everyone..

An immediate solution....

Create all type from scratch then you can set your leading as normal.

I just realized this when I started a new project in 2018.

Any older files seem to have this issue.

It seems one can copy and past as long as the text area was created in PS 2018.

As always I am ahead of Adobe when they fail to test their new products.

I have to deliver and make a living with their products.

So I seem to be able to find the best solutions fast.

I have been offering my services to Adobe for almost 30 years because they seem too busy adding icons and updating the look and forget that function should come first.

I wish the professional versions were based on function and not fluff.

But they cater to the college kid's not the pros I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same symptoms as described on my 2012 MacPro running El Capitan, but no problems on my 2015 MacBook Pro running Sierra?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems they fixed it with the last update but now there is no live preview when increasing or decreasing the leading...
So you have to press enter each time to see the result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah ,, Preview is broken .. sooooooooooo annoyinggggggggggggg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leave it to Adobe to make the fix worse than the problem......

I see that the engineers at Adobe are sending us back to the days of Photo Typesetting that you have to take an educated guess at everything.

I do not understand how such a basic thing as text function is overlooked while they add all kinds of stupid annoying unless animations to the tools that if you do not know what they do… You should not be using the software.. How do I go back to a 2017 version?

Again I am offering my services to Adobe to understand how the day to day user needs the program to function.

I have called them out correctly for 30 years and continue to do so.

Dose anyone at Adobe have the courage to talk to a real user or are they all still afraid of the facts like most of my left leaning friends?

Obviously the designers have no clue after 30 plus years they still focus on all the wrong things, and screw up the basic stuff that makes the programs better than Photo typesetting. They may be brilliant… but they don’t get it after all this time.

We the users do pay their paychecks and bills as a customers but again they are stuck in a world of there own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that the engineers at Adobe are sending us back to the days of Photo Typesetting that you have to take an educated guess at everything.

I do not understand how such a basic thing as text function is overlooked while they add all kinds of stupid annoying unless animations to tools that id you do not know what the do… You should not be using the software.. How do I go back to a 2017 version?

Again I am offering my services to Adobe to understand how the day to day user needs the program to function.

I have called them out correctly for 30 years and continue to do so.

Dose anyone at Adobe have the courage to talk to a real user or are they all still afraid of the facts like most of my left leaning friends?

Obviously the designers have no clue after 30 some years they still focus on all the wrong things, and screw up the basic stuff that makes the programs better than Photo typesetting.

They may be brilliant… but they don’t get it after all this time.

I do pay their paychecks and bills as a customer but again they are stuck in a world of there own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See link below for response from Adobe on the preview issue, introduced when the fixe for the leading input was released:

Photoshop CC 19.0.1: Text Size Scubby Slider and Up Down Arrow no longer gives live updates | Photos...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines