2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2008 10:40 PM by dawells

Text button problem

dawells
      I've always made text buttons with images of text. In trying to make one using Flash text (text typed within the program) it doesn't seem to work - seems like it should, I must be doing something simple and wrong. I have text in all four frames (with a different color in the over frame) - and added a rectangle covering the text in the hit frame - as I do with images. It's not working. The mouse doesn't seem to think it's a button - doesn't change to a hand, doesn't roll over correctly, etc. What am I missing?

• 1. Re: Text button problem
          Level 7
          dawells wrote:
          > I've always made text buttons with images of text. In trying to make one using
          > Flash text (text typed within the program) it doesn't seem to work - seems like
          > it should, I must be doing something simple and wrong. I have text in all four
          > frames (with a different color in the over frame) - and added a rectangle
          > covering the text in the hit frame - as I do with images. It's not working. The
          > mouse doesn't seem to think it's a button - doesn't change to a hand, doesn't
          > roll over correctly, etc. What am I missing?

Make sure it's a static text not dynamic.

--
          Best Regards

Urami

--
          "Never play Leap-Frog with a Unicorn."

<urami>
          If you want to mail me - DO NOT LAUGH AT MY ADDRESS
          </urami>
          • 2. Re: Text button problem
            dawells Level 1
            It was that simple...thanks!
            Doug